4.10.2011

dimland radio 4-9-11 shows


Living In Interesting Times (Follow Up)


A continuation of last week's talk on the work situation and how it's been really stressful. It just seems as though the stuff is piling up sky high. But I still have a job (for now).

A Couple Tales From Dim's Art School Days

I relate the story of my standing up to a snark delivering upper-classman and its results. Also, I lamented about a mistake I made on the mix tape I put together for the Halloween party of my second year at art school.

Acupuncture
Ouch!

I read a story from sciencedaily.com on the effectiveness and hazards of the ancient art of sticking needles in people.

JFK Assassination

Seconds after the "magic bullet" did its damage.

I decided to take on the piece-of-cake topic of Pres. Kennedy's assassination
. I talked mostly about the Discovery Channel's Unsolved History JFK: Beyond The Magic Bullet. I also talked about the kill shot ("Back and to the left.") which wasn't really addressed in the documentary.

You can watch the documentary here, watch this conspiracy theorist's video piece that misses the point of the "magic bullet" recreation, this article is about the physics of the kill shot, here is the gruesome kill shot (note his head does move forward slightly as the bullet enters), and these two Skepticblog entries here and here.

There are also two highly recommended books that take a scientific look at this assassination: Gerald Posner's 'Case Closed' and Vincent Bugliosi's 'Reclaiming History'.

Movie Recommendation: 12 Angry Men (1957)

The classic jury room drama with and outstanding cast. It's terrific!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Ace Of Spades' by Motorhead & 'Empty Glass' by Pete Townshend
Second ad break bumpers: 'Debaser' by Pixies & 'Primary' by The Cure
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! see you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment