11.03.2009

quick observations

Here's a couple quick ones...

I'm sorry to say that I know who this man is, but it's almost impossible to escape pop culture's ever present grasp. So, I know Jon Gosselin. I'm not going to weigh in on any of the nonsense surrounding the "reality" celebrities. I just want to point out how much I think Gosselin resembles the Gill Man from 'The Creature Walks Among Us'. Gosselin may not be as menacing, but there's something there. Don't you think?




I just saw the long trailer for the much anticipated (not by me, I assure you) film 'Avatar'. I didn't know anything about this film until a couple months ago, when I first heard of it. From what I understand it's based on a video game. Is it? I don't know for sure.

So, I watched the trailer during the football game last Sunday. I thought the CGI characters looked like cartoons. CGI effects have made incredible leaps in fleshing out epic stories without epic costs. However, CGI still has a ways to go with depicting characters believably.

Also, the storyline seems familiar. I think this film will be big with Native Americans. Judging by what I saw in the trailer, the tagline should be... "Avatar, this time the Indians win."

No comments:

Post a Comment