3.14.2010

dimland radio 3-13-10 show notes

Hey, kids! Well, the first show of Dimland Radio is in the can. It was a long time coming and I'm relieved that I got the show started and I didn't screw up. Not too much anyway. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to listen, I really appreciate it.

I think I've finally recovered from the cotton mouth I was suffering through the show.

Here are some links to find more information on the topics I touched on...

Scooby Doo, Where Are You?

http://www.skeptic.com/junior_skeptic/issue34/

Strangely Enough!
Here's a link to another blogger giving his thoughts on this entertaining book...

http://secretmountainlaboratory.blogspot.com/2008/01/strangely-enoughmetaweirdness.html

This link is to Brian Dunning's skeptical take on the 'Footprints in the Snow' story I read on the show...

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4031

(For my take you can scroll down to the previous post, just below this one.)

These next links are to Amazon.com, just in case you might want to buy your own copy. Highly recommended...


Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'We're So Cool' by Au Pairs & 'Driving The Dynamite Truck' By Breaking Circus
Second ad break bumpers: 'Generation' by Red Lorry Yellow Lorry & 'You Better You Bet' by The Who
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

With the exception of that last song, all music is available on iTunes. Regular listeners to my show can, if they really want to, although why I don't know, get the $5 Fiddle track by contacting me through the chatroom.

I have a couple corrections to make...

1) When I talked about the original Jonny Quest series, I said that Dr. Benton Quest had a Van Dyke or a goatee. Actually, Dr. Quest had a full beard and mustache.

2) When I was going on about how great my musical taste is, I referred to Z Talk Rocks as Z Talk Radio. Whoops. I also didn't complete my thought on Z Talk Rocks. I was going to say that I would have liked to been able to go over to Z Talk Rocks and play the full versions of my bumper music. Unfortunately, Z Talk Rocks is gone and I won't have that opportunity. I meant to say that, but I didn't. Sorry.

That's it for this week's show notes. Be sure to join me next Saturday night 11 central, midnight eastern for Dimland Radio on the Z Talk Radio Network. www.ztalkradio.com

Thank you and have a happy pi day!

1 comment: