4.04.2010

dimland radio 4-4-10 show notes

Just when I thought I was getting to hang of this radio thing, I forgot to have my iTunes activated properly with my broadcast software. I spotted the error in the first few minutes and corrected it. But we I listened to the show afterward, I noticed that my opening did not broadcast. Whoops. Well, I'm working on it.

Condolences to Tanya Douglas and her family

Z Talk's own, Tanya Douglas and her family recently suffered the loss of her father-in-law. I took the first few minutes of the show to express my deepest sympathies.

Scooby Doo, How Could You?!

I talked about being disappointed by the animated feature 'Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost'. My main objection was that there was an actual ghost in it. You read more in the previous blog entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo_and_the_Witch's_Ghost

Movie talk

I talked about an AARP movie quiz, continuity errors and lens flare. My favorite film continuity error comes from 'A Christmas Carol' from 1951 - a face in the mirror! It was likely a crew member and not a ghost.

http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourworld/powerof50/articles/top_50_movie_zingers.html

I talked about 'Wall-E' with the lens flare usage. There is no camera used in the creation of Pixar films such as 'Wall-E'.

There was no camera used in 'Wall-E' yet we still accept the lens flare.

Penn & Teller: Bulls Hit


I transitioned from 'Wall-E' into talking about Penn & Teller's skeptical program that airs on Showtime. I used 'Wall-E's first 20 minute depiction of a trash ridden world to talk about Penn & Teller's take on recycling. The world will not be buried in trash.

Warning! Penn & Teller: Bulls Hit contains bad language and nudity. They also use sarcasm and insults toward those with whom they disagree. View at your own discretion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvz-z7CvsYA

Ouija Boards and Haunted 911

While sticking with Penn & Teller: Bulls Hit, I'm mentioned trying to describe a Ouija board test they had done to the hosts (Ray & Wayne) of Haunted 911. I difficulty getting the point across through the Z Talk chat room, so I decided to talk about it on my show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG4wTZuT3wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA5uYhXpa-E&feature=related


Minnesota Twins baseball!

I closed out the show with a little Twins talk. They have a new ballpark, just for them. There will be no more sharing a stadium with our football team, the Minnesota Vikings.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Your Silent Face' by New Order & 'Beat Surrender' by The Jam
Second ad break bumpers: 'Abacab' by Genesis & 'Whatever' by Husker Du
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next week for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk On Demand page.

No comments:

Post a Comment