8.28.2011

dimland radio 8-27-11 show notes


Cold Open: A Correction

Yes, that is my son you can hear during my cold open, in which I corrected a mistake I made in last week's show. What was the mistake? You'll just have to listen.

Skeptics Get A Little Primetime: Follow Up

A fair amount of skepticism and a little lazy journalism.

I talked about ABC's Nightline Primetime: Beyond Belief program on psychic ability last week. They did about as well as we skeptic's could hope for, but I did take exception with the last report of the show filed by (possibly lazy) journalist, David Wright. That report abandoned all skepticism. I wrote a blog on my thoughts on Mr. Wright journalistic fail here.

I had more to talk about, because we found out a little something about that report. You can read my original review of the show here.

Randi's Amazing Trick

Please, Randi, don't be upset that I gave away your secret. Just one of them!

I related the story of how James Randi was once put on the spot by Barbara Walters to duplicate a supposed psychic feat done by Uri Geller. Randi pulls it off
. He doesn't tell how he did it, but I told on my show. I hope Randi doesn't get upset.

Feel The Love

Then a couple stories about how some Christians treat atheists when they speak out. Just as Jesus would want them to - with death threats. Ahhhh, feel the love.

The stories are here and here.

Minnesota's "Bigfoot" Caught On Tape

Then I talked about yet another very inconclusive video of what could be a bigfoot or a guy in a costume. I'm sure you can guess which one I'm leaning toward.

You can see the video clip here.

Movie Recommendation: Super (2010)

This movie may not be for everyone, but if you like dark, violent comedies about regular people attempting to be superheros, this one is for you.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Go!' by Tones On Tail & 'Big Mouth Strikes Again' by The Smiths
Second ad break bumpers: 'In-Between Days' by The Cure & 'Teacher, Teacher' by Rockpile
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment