10.23.2011

dimland radio 10-22-11 show notes


Baseball!

I started by mentioning the major beat down the St. Louis Cardinals were putting on the Texas Rangers, but I didn't linger on sports for long.

Vacation Is Over

I also touched on when it feels to me that a vacation is over. And in doing so I mentioned Ricky Gervais and his podcast.

A Family Tale

My mom is the eldest of 12 kids and her youngest brother is dying. I talked at length about family and falling outs and mending bridges. I did not get e
motional.

Facebook Is A Social Network, Right?

After mentioning how I beat out Bruce Allen, guitarist for Minneapolis band The Suburbs, for an art job years ago, I talked about Facebook suspending my friending privileges because too many people said they didn't know me when I sent them a friend request. I thought Facebook was a social network.

Then I talked about a fellow living in Singapore, a Facebook fr
iend, who had requested I make my show available through iTunes. I'm considering it, but you can download my shows from the Z Talk Radio show archive.

Daft Punk Fan Video

Daft Punk: Not quite my cup of tea, but their music isn't too bad.

My wife showed me this video last night. Holy crap! That fellow is dexterous. It's pretty impressive.

The Patterson/Gimlin Film Turns 44

And it doesn't look a day over it-doesn't-exist!

Still the best piece of evidence for the existence of bigfoot, that iconic (iconic) film, turned 44 years-old on October 20th. Best, but inconclusive
.

Movie Recommendation: Frankenstein (1931)

Karloff's brilliant performance.

This was Boris Karloff's star making role. Karloff is, in my opinion, the best "monster" of all the Frankenstein creatures ever. Period. I do expand on that idea.


Correction

I mentioned the They Might Be Giants kids album promoting science at some point in the show. I mistakenly stated that the album was titled "Science Is Real." That is the title of the opening track. The album's title is "Here Comes Science."

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Myrrh' The Church & 'I Am An Animal' by Pete Townshend
Second ad break bumpers: 'Isolated Case' by The Vapors & 'Love Is The Law' by The Suburbs
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment