10.30.2011

dimland radio 10-29-11 show notes


Cold Open: A Reading From The Book Of Strangely Enough!


I read a selection from C. B. Colby's book, 'Strangely Enough'. A story titled 'The Whistle'. Very creepy
.

Baseball! Again!

I just had to talk about this past World Series and, especially, game 6. Believe or don't, I spent the first two segments of the show focusing on that game, two predictions I had made about it, and about how awesome it was.

Correction: During my talk about great World Series sixth games, I mentioned that Sports Illustrated online had ranked the 1991 World Series (Twins/Braves) as number 1. It was not Sports Illustrated, it was ESPN online that did the ranking. Here is their number 1 pick.

Stop Making Sense: TV Division

Those robotics should go up into the hips.

I pointed out how the graphics of the opening sequence of the show The Six Million Dollar Man incorrectly show the bionics of Steve Austin's legs. The mechanical parts should go all the way up into his hips, not stop 2/3 up his thigh.
I also mentioned that The Bionic Woman's opening sequence got it right.

You can watch The Six Million Dollar Man open here (it's in Spanish, that's the only version I could find) and The Bionic Woman's here.


Movie Recommendation: The Mummy (1932)

Another classic horror movie starring Boris Karloff as the title character. Don't look for the mummy walking around in its wrappings, you won't see it. But it is creepy and Karloff underplays the mummy really well. I particular enjoy the flashback sequence showing how the mummy came to be buried alive.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Antonin Artaud' & 'In The Flat Field' by Bauhaus
Second ad break bumpers: 'Terror Couple Kill Colonel' & 'Stigmata Marytr' by Bauhaus
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment