12.18.2011

dimland radio 12-17-11 show notes


Beer Spill

Serious alcohol abuse!

Just as I was about to go on the air, I dropped my beer! Smooth move, Sherlock.

I Don't Believe In Christmas

George Hrab

Honestly, I had planned to start off the show by playing George Hrab's song, 'I Don't Believe In Christmas.' However, it worked to cover some time while I cleaned up the beer spill.

Spread The Cheese

Not nearly as spectacular as in the picture.

Then I shared a hopefully humorous tale about my parents
taking my wife, my son and me to view the Holiday Lights at nearby Phalen Park. Amy and I were underwhelmed, but our son and the old folks liked it, but we all enjoyed Mom's miss-reading of one of the displays.

I also mentioned some Grinchs stealing cords from the displays for the copper wire. You can read more about the event and the thefts here and here.

Ain't This Cool?

Lost episodes from space?

I read and talked about a piece detailing the picking up of old TV signa
ls, including lost episodes of Dr. Who. I was very excited, but the story was an old one. I hadn't noticed the date of the story until I was reading on the show. Hmmm. I should know better and I'll tell you why when Dimland Radio returns in the New Year.

Read more here.
See if you can figure out what I figured out after the show.

That's Lindsay Lohan?

A Photoshop Too Far

Playboy released its issue featuring a nude pictorial of the not-sure-she'll-make-it-to-30 Lindsay Lohan, apparently to lackluster sales. I think I know one release why. The pictures have been so Photoshopped that you can't even tell it's Lohan.

Here is a Gawker.com annotated history of nude Lindsay Lohan. Be w
arned the photos may not be safe for work and may also be disturbing, note that Lindsay is just 25 years-old.

Movie Recommendation: A Christmas Story (1983)

One of my favorite Christmas themed movies. I love it. Even though it is set in a time period more of my parents' youth than of mine, I still get a nostalgic feeling when watching it. Melinda Dillon and Darren McGavin are terrific in the film.

Christopher Hitchens (1949 - 2011)

Hitchens: Stayed an atheist right to the end.

Christopher Hitchens passed away last Thursday, Dec. 15th, after a long battle with cancer. I talked about him a bit and played George Hrab's 'God Is Not Great' which was inspired by Hitchen's book of the same name.

Links related to Hitchens:

God Is Not Great by George Hrab

The Best of the Hitchslap

Hitchens' last piece for Vanity Fair

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Melt The Guns' by XTC & 'Perfect Kiss' by New Order
Second ad break bumpers: 'Still Ill' by The Smiths & 'Crosseyed and Painless' by Talking Heads
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment