12.04.2011

dimland radio 12-3-11 show notes


A Little Advice

I advise listeners in colder regions to wipe the show off their cars, especially their windows.

My Favorite Christmas Specials

I run through the list of my favorite Christmas specials and why I liked them. They are as follows:

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Red The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

And My Least Favorite...

Frosty The Snowman

I don't like this one very much. It looks good and I don't have anything against Jimmy Durante and Jackie Vernon, the stars of the show, but it only has one song. One song that you hear over and over and over and over... Three guesses on what the song is called.


Also Mentioned On The Show...

I mentioned a video on YouTube by an atheist named Mr. Dan. His video explores the idea that there are more atheists out here than you might think. And it's highly likely that you know a few, without even knowing it.

Movie Recommendation: Scrooge, A Christmas Carol (1951)


This is the best version of this classic Dickens' tale. It stars Alastair Sim as the best Ebenezer Scrooge. And it has a great continuity error. Don't get the colorized version! For some reason it is listed as Scrooge or A Christmas Carol or Scrooge, A Christmas Carol. Not sure why that is, but it is the best.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch' by Thurl Ravenscroft & 'Christmastime Is Here' by Vince Guaraldi Trio
Second ad break bumpers: 'Holly Jolly Christmas' by Burl Ives & 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' by Fred Astaire
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment