2.12.2012

dimland radio 2-11-12 show notes


You Know What Men Love?

I went into a little rant about a late night TV ad attempting to get people to call singles for chats on the phone. This ad features a gal who just can't wait for a commercial break during a sporting event her fellow is watching to bring up a visit from her girlfriend. It sounds as though the game is getting exciting and she doesn't seem to realize or care, she needs to talk about this right now!

"Wooly Mammoth" In Siberia

Some video footage has surfaced of what is claimed to be a mammoth crossing a river somewhere in Siberia. Of course the video is too blurry to be certain what we're looking at, but it sure looks like a bear with a fish hanging from its mouth to me. I could be wrong.

Check out the video here.

Madonna's Superbowl Halftime

I talked a bit about the big Madonna halftime show. It was ok. She lip-synced very well. And M.I.A. gave the finger and I missed that gesture.

If you like, you can watch the extravaganza on Yo
uTube here. Pay particular attention to the 3:56 mark where Madonna stumbles just a bit, but doesn't mess up her lip-syncing at all. She's quite the pro!

The Brilliance Of Baba O'Riley

I then indulged myself in expressing my love for The Who and Pete Townshend. That lead me to talking about how cool the opening track on Who's Next was and how unusual it must have sounded in 1971. It's a great song.

Movie Recommendation: Animal Crackers (1930)

(Paramount Pictures)

For zany comedy it's hard to go wrong with the Marx Brothers. This was their second film and it's a blast.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'No Self Control' by Peter Gabriel & 'Saved By Zero' by The Fixx
Second ad break bumpers: 'Games People Play' by The Alan Parsons Project & 'Undertow' by Suzanne Vega
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment