6.24.2012

dimland radio 6-23-12 show notes




Facebook Meme Roundup

It was supposed to be a conversion of UFOs, ancient aliens, and alien abductions with fellow Z Talker, Kale Kelly.  Kale was unable to do the show on Saturday, so we have try again next week.
 
Good thing I had plans for things to talk about.
 
So, I talked about memes I had found on Facebook.  Some political stuff, some religious stuff, and New Age healing nonsense.  I told of how I was accused of being a troll. Me?  Huh?
 
The Guy Fawkes mask of the Occupy Movement, crying Speaker John Boehner, Pastafarian philosophy, the earth distance from the sun, and the Thymus Thump all got my attention.
 
 Hitting this member of Blue Man Group's chest will do what now?
 
I mention this video by Brian Dunning on New Age Energy in my "I'm a troll?" segment. This video gives you the Thymus Thump nonsense right from some New Age type.  It is, in my view, most likely the placebo effect and not actually doing anything for your "energy" or your well-being.  Go here to learn more about the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Movie Recommendation: The Kids Are Alright (1979)


 
Wonder why I think The Who are the greatest band ever?  This documentary should give you an idea why.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'What She Said' by The Smiths & 'All Gone Away' by The Style Council
Second ad break bumpers: 'Knight Moves' by Suzanne Vega & 'Dope Smokin' Moron' by The Replacements
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment