6.10.2012

dimland radio 6-9-12 show notes






You Know What Irritates Me?

I kind of wandered all around in this segment, but I started by complaining about the Honda commercial with the kids spontaneously doing an a cappella version of Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train'.  I have serious doubts any of those kids would have ever heard of that song.

Gimme A Head With...

Hair.  I talked about hair.  About "gingers," about hair coloring kits, about my preferred hair length for my hair, about Jason Alexander's miraculous hair gain, and about some other aspects of hair.
 
Jason Alexander's life imitates art moment is explained by him here.
I also talked about the Toupee Fallacy.

Irresponsible Website Gives Teen Girls A Bad Idea


Two teenage girls were killing and a third was critically injured when they played the "Ghost Train game" on the railroad tracks near Poplar Bluff, MO.  The "game" is to stop your vehicle at midnight on a particular railroad crossing, turn off the engine, let the windows fog up and wait for ghostly visions.  Well, these girls and two others who were uninjured did just that and their Jeep was struck by a train.
I frequently mention Tim Farley's website WhatsTheHarm.net on my show, not in an attempt to steal from Tim, but to take the cue that I should warn listeners that stories like this demonstrate the harm.  Two girls are dead and another injured because people don't understand just what is the harm.

The compilers of that website may not be directly responsible for the girls' behavior, but they did spell out exactly what was to be done to get that thrill.  Shame on them.


Movie Recommendation: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Walt Disney Pictures
A childhood dream come true.  When I was kid and comic book collector my favorite title was The Avengers.  I remember wishing that Hollywood would make it into a movie.  At the time the technology didn't exist to do the material justice, but it does now and we have this movie because of it.  It's a lot of fun and worthy that childhood dream.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'The Cutter' by Echo & the Bunnymen & 'No Language In Our Lungs' by XTC
Second ad break bumpers: 'Requiem' by Killing Joke & '24' by Game Theory
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment