9.30.2012

dimland radio 9-29-12 show notes



A Fan Page

I've finally gone and done it.  I put up a Facebook fan page for Dimland Radio.  Please go and like it for me, won't you?  Search for Dimland Radio and give it a like, please.  Please, I'm begging you.
IncomeAtHome.com And Multilevel Marketing

Big time radio hosts and podcasters are advertising an outfit claiming you can makes loads of money at home.  Really!  All you need is an internet connection and some good old-fashioned gumption.  Well, as the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Turns out the company behind this amazing opportunity is Herbalife.  Herbalife is a multilevel marketing company.  And multilevel marketing does not work for more than 99% of those folks who fall for the pitch.
 
Go here and here to learn more.

Law & Order
I talked a bit about the long running police and prosecutors drama.  I mentioned a unintentionally funny line from one early episode.

I Might Be Rising In The Skeptical Movement

Ok, maybe not rising really, but I did have something happen to me through the Facebook that happens to the big-time skeptics all the time.  I was called names for being a skeptic!  Yay!

Made it, Ma!  Top of the world!

Movie Recommendations: 4 Days In October (2010) AND Catching Hell (2011)
 
I have two recommendations this week.  They are part of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.  30 sports related documentaries by 30 different directors.

4 Days In October focuses on the come from behind win in the 2004 ALCS by the Boston Red Sox over the Hated Yankees.  It would end up being the season in which the Red Sox finally won a World Series, a feat they hadn't accomplished since 1918.  But, first they had to defeat the Hated Yankees after falling behind the Evil Empire by three games to none.  This film documents the four games the Red Sox won to take the series, an accomplishment no other team had ever done in the history of baseball!

Catching Hell documents how Steve Bartman became the scapegoat blamed for the Chicago Cubs meltdown in the 2003 NCLS.  The Cubs hadn't been in a World Series since 1908 and, as the eighth inning of game six started, it seemed a lock that the Cubbies would finally make it.  However, a foul but catchable ball went out to left field.  Moises Alou had a bead on it when a fan, Steve Bartman, got in the way.  The documentary looks into the fan reaction and the effect it had on Mr. Bartman's life.  It also takes a look at the scapegoat in baseball by examining the Bill Buckner boot in the 1986 World Series. 


Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Clear View' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs & 'My City Was Gone' by The Pretenders
Second ad break bumpers: 'Black Haired Girl' by The Alley Cats & 'What Do You Know?' by The Buzzcocks
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment