2.09.2013

dimland radio 2-9-13 show notes


A New Way Of Doing Things

You may have noticed there were no show notes for last week's show.  That's because there was no show.  The week before I was having technical difficulties.  Although I was able to record my show, I kept getting kicked of the network.
Since then I've tried broadcasting a couple more times with the same problem still occurring.  So, I decided to take a break last week and then prerecord my show.  This way I can put the show in the feed and it should play in my regular time-slot.  (I'm writing these notes on Saturday afternoon, so the show hasn't aired yet.  We'll see if it works.)

I want to thank fellow Z Talker, Chris Davis, for helping me get set up.
A Correction

Yep, even your humble host can make a mistake.  I know.  I know.  It's difficult to believe, ain't it?

Back on my show from 1/12/13, I had remarked about how similar the Denver Broncos defeat in the playoffs was to my MN Vikings NFC Championship game loss in 1999.  The Broncos opted to run the time out in regulation and take their chances in overtime.  I thought the Vikings had done almost the same thing going into halftime, but, I was wrong, it was at the end of regulation.

Neither team thought it a good idea to try to win the game and avoid overtime.  Neither team won their game.  What a shame.


Do Not Feed The Trolls

I've been learning about internet trolls lately (see previous posting).  And I think I was hit by another one at work through our email.  We have a job listing on Craig' List and someone emailed a response that I thought reflected a poor attitude.
 
I almost responded, but I remembered the old adage, "Do Not Feed The Trolls!"

Psychic News

I happily shared two news items related to "psychics" accused of breaking the law or being sued for attempting to capitalize on their family's "good" name.  That name?  Van Praagh.  Good name?  Yeah, right.Follow the links to here and here.

Movie Recommendation: The City Of Lost Children (1995)
Sony Picture Classics

This French film is very surreal and a bit disturbing.  It's also very cool.  Visually striking with terrific special effects, you will believe in clones.  It stars Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Drive) as a strong man who befriends a little girl street urchin.  They set out to save the children of the town who have been kidnapped by a mad scientist in order to steal their dreams.  Check it out!

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Pictures Of You' by The Cure & 'Sex Beat' by The Urban Guerrillas
Second ad break bumpers: 'Lie Detector' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs & 'Absolute Beginners' by The Suburbs
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment