9.08.2013

dimland radio 9-7-13 show notesBe


Because of some family issues taking up my time and ability to devote attention to putting together another stellar show, I opted to replay part one of my interview with George Hrab (originally aired 1/15/11).  If I can get it together, do a new show next week.  If I can' maybe I'll play part two.

A Guest! George Hrab
The multi-talented George Hrab

My excitement was undeniable as I greeted my listeners, because I was going to play part one of my two part interview with musician/singer/songwriter/podcaster/raconteur/atheist/skeptic: George Hrab.

But First A Little Tale About Pink Eye
Pink eye ain't no fun!
 
But before I got rolling with the interview, I told everybody about my bout with pink eye. Pink eye! It is no fun, I can tell you. Happily, I am on the mend.

You can get info on pink eye here, if you really want to.


And Now, George Hrab Part 1

Much of part one of my interview of George Hrab centered on skepticism and atheism. We talked about the "power" of prayer and George gave his idea of how to better use the time spent praying. I gushed a bit, I couldn't help it. I'm a big fan of Geo's.

If you haven't heard his podcast, you should! Be warned Geo will use some profane language on his podcast, but you're an adult, you can handle it. You can download, for free, the Geologic Podcast from iTunes or you can go here to listen to it and see his show notes and even make a comment if you like.
 
 
Movie Recommendation: True Grit (2010)

My last movie recommendation was the original True Grit starring John Wayne. My wife and I had just watched the Coen brother's True Grit the afternoon before this edition of Dimland Radio. We really enjoyed it. The story is essentially the same, but the tone is much different. Jeff Bridges might just snag another Oscar for his performance. And Hailee Steinfeld as the 14 year-old Maddie Ross is terrific.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by WireFirst ad break bumpers: 'Help Me Somebody' by Brian Eno/David Bryne & 'I Don't Believe In Christmas' by George Hrab
Second ad break bumpers: 'Fifties Stories' by George Hrab & 'You're the Wish You are I Had' by XTC
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! see you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment