3.08.2014

dimland radio 3-8-14 show notes

I Was Wrong

During last week's show, I had twice stated that I am 48 years-old. I'm 49. How did I get that wrong?

A Mini Oscars Recap

I didn't have much to say about last week's Oscars event. It was ok overall, but why did Ellen spend so much time in the audience? Remember when Bob Hope and Johnny Carson used to host the show from the stage?

I Was A Weird Kid
 
Yes, I was. I have no idea why getting to sleep required such odd behavior. It worked, but I sure did try the patience of my room sharing siblings. How did my brothers refrain from smothering me in my sleep?

This Woman Really Likes The Exorcist
 
I stumbled upon this TV spot from 1974 or so for the movie The Exorcist. The woman in the ad really, really, REALLY liked the movie. Was it her personal kink or something?
 
Never Found In The 80s: The Three Johns and The Screaming Blue Messiahs
 
It had been a couple months, but my Never Found blog series finally returned to the Stuck in the 80s blog this past week. Profiled last week were two bands from the UK: The Three Johns and The Screaming Blue Messiahs. Did you miss the series?

What Sacred Me As A Kid?
 
My mother used to think scary movies such as the old Universal monster classics (Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc.) would scare me and keep me up nights. She was wrong. The movies that scared me were the ones that were supposed to be true. Movies such as The Exorcist, The Amityville Horror, The Legend of Boggy Creek. But we know those stories are true, don't we?
 
A Dimland Radio Pedantic Moment
 
Speaking of The Exorcist, which I was, there is a moment in the movie that is difficult for me to suspend my disbelief. I can accept the demonic possession, the levitation, the projectile vomit, etc; but her head making a complete 360 turn on her shoulders?
 
Not Forgotten Lyrics
 
A couple weeks back, before I broke my Google Nexus tablet, I was listening to my Pandora music radio app. A song came on which I hadn't heard for 15 to 20 years, but the lyrics were all still right there in my brain. Why, after all this time, would my brain be hanging on to the lyrics of Styx's Renegade?  
 
Movie Recommendation: None This Week
 
You are on your own. Are you ok with that?.
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Tony's Theme' by Pixies & 'Death Of The European' by The Three Johns
Second ad break bumpers: 'Wild Blue Yonder' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs & 'Seconds' by U2
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment