5.20.2015

dimland radio 5-16-15 show notes

Penn & Teller: A Brief Follow-Up

I did mention this in the show notes last week, but not on the show. So, for those who just listen to the show, I let them know that the fellow who wasn't a "big fan" of P&T had seen them perform THREE times!
 
Is it just me or does that pretty much negate much of what he said?

It's Hard To Make A Joke On Facebook
 
My friend Scott Roberts got mentioned again on the show as I described my attempt to make a joke based on one of his Facebook comments. It was based on his use of the word "scandals" and my misunderstanding it by thinking he wrote "sandals." It didn't quite work.
 
Never mind.

A Tale Of Two PSAs

One Public Service Announcement (PSA) on television has a group of first or second graders being introduced to several tobacco products that are candy flavored and packaged with bright eye-catching colors. The kids never heard of these products and didn't know what they were, until the producers on the PSA, who were attempting to let us know that Big Tobacco is marketing to kids, introduced the kids to them. So, who's marketing to the kids?
 
Watch it here. What do you think?
 
Ants in their pants. I love it. 'Nuff said.

Oh, and the 10 minute challenge!

Our Long National Nightmare Is Nearly Over
 
American Idol will do just one more season and then it will be over! No more being forced to hear about it on the local Fox affiliate morning news. I look forward to the silence.

A Couple Of Other Things

I just had a couple of other things to mention. One was that my son and I would be attending the big Spring comic book convention that takes place in the Grandstand building on the MN State Fairgrounds.
 
The other was that I would be a guest on MN Atheist Talk on Sunday morning (how fitting). That's an actual radio show! On actual radio!

I will talk about both next week.
 
Movie Recommendations: Candy (1968)
 
ABC Pictures
This 60s sex romp parody is not for kids. It follows a young woman (Ewa Aulin) on an adventure in which no man can resist her innocent and naive charms. She's pursued by such actors as Walter Matthau, James Coburn, Richard Burton, Marlin Brando, Ringo Starr, John Huston, and the underrated John Astin.
 
It's bizarre. It may not be for everyone (especially children). It's on YouTube!. 
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Emotional Rescue' by The Rolling Stones & 'All That Jazz' by Echo & the Bunnymen
Second ad break bumpers: 'Quite Unsual' By Front 242 & 'Crummy Stuff' by The Ramones
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle
That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment