4.25.2016

dimland radio 4-23-16 show notes

Easiest Show Notes I've Ever Done...

A crowded First Avenue celebrating Prince's music. (ABC News)
It's not because of the topic that these show notes will be so easy. The topic is tragic and sad, but it was pretty much the only topic of the show: The mega-talented, singer/songwriter, musician, producer, pop superstar Prince died unexpectedly on Thursday April 21, 2016.
 
I talked about how I found out and how stunning the news was. I talked about the internet's reaction. I told a few stories: The first time I became aware of Prince. The road trip in the early '90s with a stop at a bar in Flagstaff, Arizona after a long day of driving and having a beer while listening to Prince on the jukebox. And there was the story of my DJ fail at the Halloween party my second year of art school.
 
I blogged about my memories of Prince for Warehouse Find, the official blog of Nostalgia Zone.
 
I talked a little about the speculations on the cause of his death. I didn't want to go too far, because, at this point, we don't know. The coming weeks may see an answer to how he died.
 
I also tried to figure out why I had never seen him play. It's strange, but I never did.
 
I also did a special tribute to him by loading my breaks with all the Prince bumpers I have. There will be no links to the songs, because Prince was very protective of his material. He made sure that none of it is available on YouTube. At least not for very long.

Movie Recommendation: None

I didn't get to recommending one, but, in keeping with the theme, it wouldn't hurt to watch Purple Rain.
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Controversy', 'U Got The Look', 'Raspberry Beret' & "Dirty Mind' by Prince
Second ad break bumpers:  'Kiss', 'Sign O The Times', 'Delirious' & 'Little Red Corvette' by Prince
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment