8.08.2016

dimland radio 8-6-16 show notes

I Took Time Off

I took the last two weeks off from the show, because two weeks ago it was too hot and humid to think about doing a show. I know, I'm such a wimp. And one week ago I took the family on a long weekend trip to South Dakota and Wyoming.

My Jackie Vernon Impression

Old time comedian Jackie Vernon (the voice of Frosty in the original Frosty the Snowman holiday special) would do a routine in which he would pretend to be showing the audience slides from his vacation. It was played for laughs. My recounting our trip probably didn't have as many laughs.

So, I spent most of the show talking about our trip: The Badlands, our cabin, watching movies in our cabin, Mount Rushmore, alternate route 16 through the Black Hills, Custer State Park, being surrounded by buffaloes (yes, I know, they're called bison), prairie dogs, Needles Highway, Museum of Geology, Deadwood, Devil's Tower, a crazed hay bale hauling trucker, and my first ever speeding ticket.

There. That was quicker to tell here than on the show.

Now There's Something Wrong With Men's Pants

I don't know what it is, but the hip hugging style of pants for men these days looks just wrong. Especially on a fellow with a bit of a gut. I noticed this when watching the Netflix series Daredevil. The character Foggy Nelson, played by Eldon Henson, who is a little chubby, just doesn't look comfortable in his clothes. Maybe that's part of the character, but I don't like the look.

I've seen it elsewhere. For instance, in this excellent video from Australia on bullshit health remedies carried by pharmacies. The male presenter is wearing the hip-hugger pants and they look wrong. They look as though they will drop at any moment. 
 
 
The video has a great message, but the presenter's pants make me uncomfortable.

Movie Recommendation: None

Ran out of time. You are on your own this week.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Jason And The Argonauts' by XTC & 'A Fire Burns' by The Church
Second ad break bumpers: 'Johnny Hit And Run Pauline' by X & 'Freak' by Bruce Foxton
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment