10.29.2017

dimland radio 10-28-17 show notes

It Looks Like I'm Not The Only One

You may recall in early September I told the story of my blowing out a tire by hitting a curb while attempting to get on the freeway. Well, someone else just did the same thing the other night! 

I'm not the only one. 

Never Tell Someone About Your Dream!
 
Unless you make it quick. I had an unusual one the other morning that I hope is amusing enough to break rule one of the Dimland Radio Rules On Telling People About Your Dreams. What is rule number one?

Rule Number One is DON'T!


But I talked about the dream anyway. 

A Dimland Radio ARGH! 

When leaving a message on voice mail in which you give your phone number, do me a favor and say the number twice!

Pedantic Moment: Gary Larson Doesn't Know How Doors Work

A sharp-eyed fan of The Far Side comic strip, the greatest comic strip ever, brought this to the attention of The Far Side Fan Group on Facebook. Francisco Melara spotted something wrong with the door in the classic "Midvale School for the Gifted" strip. The smart kid in the comic doesn't know how to open the door. He's obviously doing the opposite of what the door is instructing him to do, but the pneumatic closer is on the wrong side of the door!

Good eye, Francisco! 10 points!

Norman Doors

The Far Side goof prompted a FB person to share a video telling us about Norman Doors. Norman Doors are named for Don Norman, a really smart guy who got tired of poorly designs things which we use every day. Things like doors.

Check out this video to learn more. 

A Scary Story About A Woman With Huuuuuuuuuge Booooobs 

Like a car accident you can't help but look at, I recently encountered a woman whose breasts were quite large. I did my best not to stare, but I was then accused of staring, not at the woman with the you know, nope. No, I was accused of staring at a 4 year-old child.

I wasn't. Not at the child and not at the woman with the...things. 

This Was Very Disturbing

A news item was shared on the Facebook that was terrible. A 54 year old man in Turkey took his life publicly on Facebook Live. He ignored the pleas of family and friends.

Why did he kill himself and why so publicly? He was distraught that his daughter got engaged without his permission. At least, he didn't kill her or anyone else, but that daughter has to live with this now.

As disturbing as this story is, what I found more upsetting was the person, a woman, who shared the story on Facebook was blaming the daughter!

What?! 

Top Three Cool Things Of The Week

Here are the Top Three Cool Things from this week.

3) The World Series is once again being played!

2) The Hated Yankees ain't in it!

1) Game Two of the 2017 World Series was awesome!

Movie Recommendation: None

I ran out of time, so you are on your own this week.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'In The Flat Field' by Bauhaus & 'Strange' by REM
Second ad break bumpers: 'This Wheel's On Fire' by Souixsie & The Banshees & 'O, Superman' by Laurie Anderson
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment