12.09.2018

dimland radio 12-8-18 show notes


A Memory Of Pete Shelley
 
Musician Pete Shelley died on Thursday. He was a founding member of one of the UK's earliest and best Punk rock bands.

I shared some memories of my experience with the Buzzcocks and Pete Shelley.

This Cartoon Again?



Yes, I talked about the above cartoon again, because something else occurred to me when I listened to last week's show.
 
President George H. W. Bush Died...

...And some folks on the internet couldn't get past their hatred of GHWB and President Trump. I gotta tell ya, it gets mighty tiresome.
 
I hope the people who had all that fun focusing only on the bad stuff Bush 41 did remember that when other people remember only the bad things of Jimmy Carter's years as the president.
 
During this talk I also touched on how original the phrase "Make America Great Again" is, why people tend to focus on only the good stuff of those who died (unless they allow the partisanship take over, that is), an aspect about the Apostle's Creed (not Apollo's Creed) that I hadn't know about, and there were two moments when I got emotional watching the funeral of GHWB.

Three Cool Things
 
1) This live footage of the Buzzcocks in concert from 1981 is pretty cool.
 
 
2) Geologist/blogger/podcaster Sharon Hill's response to being invited by a TV producer to maybe participate in yet another mystery-monger program. Her response (above) was brief, to the point, and way cool.
 
3) As Pres. George W. Bush greeted Michelle Obama at the funeral service for his father, he slipped her a piece of candy. Now that's not only cool, it's pretty damn sweet.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Telephone Operator' & 'Qu'est-Ce Que C'est Que Ca' by Pete Shelley
Second ad break bumpers: 'I Generate A Feeling' & 'Homosapien' by Pete Shelley
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

Images used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment