1.12.2019

dimland radio 1-12-18 show notes


I Was Wrong
 

If you read the show notes from last week you will know that I was wrong in the Dimland Radio ARGH! segment. I thought the song Auld Lang Syne was replaced by New York, New York as the first song heard in the new year.

Well, the traditional song was played, but not for long.
 
It's still an ARGH! just not as argh-y as it was when I thought the song was skipped entirely.
 
Check out last's week show notes here.

A Dimland Radio ARGH!: Jury Duty

For third time in my adult life I have received the summons to do my civic duty and report for jury duty next month. Great. Now I'll have to burn my three personal days and two days of vacation (assuming I need to be there the whole week), so that I can continue to pay the bills.
 
Great. Just great.
 
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Admonishments
 
It's making me hungry now.
Well, maybe not a thousand, exactly. But, when I smartassedly decided to, for the first time ever, take a picture of a meal I was about to eat and post it on Facebook, I was admonished for suggesting a Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal from McDonald's is food.
 
It is food. Maybe not great food, but it's food.
 
Try telling that to some people.
 
One Cool Thing

I only had time for one cool thing this week.

I was invited to contribute to an art show in Minneapolis. It's at Solid State Vinyl Records and the art assignment was to take an existing album cover and make some new art out of it. I decided to do something that would both reflect my sense of humor and my skepticism.
 
The original.
I took the Disneyland record of scary sound effects The Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House and converted it to The Thrilling Sounds of the House. It turned out OK.
 
My version. It's a little distorted due to it being a photograph and not a scan.

Are These The Sexiest Videos Of All-Time?
 
Ginger Lynn Allen
 
On the one snarky, celebrity gossip site (What Would Tyler Durden Do) I check out, one of the contributors gave a list of what they think are the five sexiest music videos of all-time. Now, they did admit they think skanky can be very sexy. And their number 1 pick is definitely on the skanky side.

I gave my thoughts on the five videos.
 
The number 1 video (which is not safe for work) isn't sexy at all. It's downright depressing. Click here to check out the list.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' by The Police & 'Rock The Casbah' by The Clash
Second ad break bumpers: 'Eighties' by Killing Joke & 'I Wanna Destroy You' by The Soft Boys
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

Images used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment