4.11.2010

dimland radio 4-10-10 show notes

I had my first guest ever! It was Christy Necaise. Christy is the founder of the International Community For Paranormal Investigation & Research. She educates her investigators in the importance of being skeptical and how best to evaluate evidence. Christy also co-hosts a few programs on the Z Talk Radio network. Currently they include Paradigm Shift, Ghost Tech and Omni Fringe Radio, with two more shows on the horizon.

We talked about confirmation bias

I was impressed to hear that Christy uses the Skeptic's Dictionary website for one of her resources. It is a great website and there is also a book version you can get.

www.skepdic.com

The book version is available at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Skeptics-Dictionary-Collection-Deceptions-Dangerous/dp/0471272426/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271014469&sr=8-1

Orbs and pareidolia

Christy talked about how orbs can happen in photography. She believes orbs are almost never pictures of ghosts. ( I would just say never, but that's me.) We also talked about pareidolia and how it is important for her investigators to be very aware of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Azeztulite/Pics%20to%20analyze/IMG_2939.jpg

http://icpir.org/photogallery/Vulture-Mine-Investigation

Extra innings

Christy and I enjoyed are conversation so much, we went a half hour past the time my show normally ends. We had the luxury of doing so because there is no live programming following my show. But Z Talk Radio will being playing old time radio programs following my show. That is cool! I dig those old shows. I hope they can get The Shadow.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' by The Police & 'The Queen Of Eyes' by The Soft Boys
Second ad break bumpers: 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)' by Kate Bush & 'Brainiac's Daughter' by The Dukes of Stratosphear
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next week for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk On Demand page.

No comments:

Post a Comment