6.21.2010

dimland radio 6-19-10 show notes

Dimland Radio Father's Day Special

I decided that since it was Father's Day weekend and that it was my show that I'd do a special show dedicated by Dad Stories. I asked listeners of Z Talk to send me their stories about their dad or about being one. The response was good, not in the number of stories, but in the quality. I told a couple of my own about my dad and about the day I became a dad.

Zita's poem about her father, whom she tragically lost when she was only 9, is an outstanding show stopper.


Movie recommendation

In keeping with the Father's Day film, I recommended Ron Howard's 2005 film, 'Cinderella Man'. It stars Russell Crowe. He portrays James Braddock, a boxer enjoying success in the ring and in the world, until the Great Depression finds him struggling to support his family. The film follows him as he humbles himself to beg for hand outs, to his climbing back into the ring and coming back as a success.

As a father, I felt his frustration and his desperation as he tended to his fatherly duties. The film didn't find an audience, but it should have. It is an excellent movie.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Hold Me My Daddy' by XTC & 'The Man With The Light Bulb Head' by Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians
Second ad break bumpers: 'Gone Daddy Gone' by The Violent Femmes & 'Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)' by John Lennon
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk On Demand page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment