6.27.2010

dimland radio 6-26-10 show notes

How do I follow up the great Father's Day Special? Here's how...

George Hrab's 'Trebuchet'

He's a skeptic, an atheist, a podcaster and, most of all, he's a musician. George Hrab has a new album out. It's called 'Trebuchet' and it's pretty darned good. He's an unsigned artist who wants to get this, his sixth, album out there. He posted the entire album on his podcast, but he's also selling it. You can download it at cdbaby.com and iTunes. You can also buy an actual CD from cdbaby.com My copy is on it's way.

You can listen to George's podcast here or download it from iTunes. Be warned, he swears a bunch and he's very skeptical. However, he's also very entertaining. I'm gonna see if I can get him on my show.

I didn't play his entire album as other podcasts have, obviously. I did play three songs throughout the show. I played 'Fifty Stories', 'When I Was Your Age' and 'Where Have You Been?' All really good tunes. I had his express permission to play whichever songs I wanted. Thanks, Geo!

One year since...


It was a year ago that "my first girl" died. I was quite the Farrah fan, freak even. I talked about what Farrah meant to me and how I still hold it against Michael Jackson for dying the same day.

I also took this opportunity to slip in a little skepticism into the show. The "actress" Tori Spelling alerted the media that she communicated with Farrah from beyond the grave. She had the assistance of dance hall instructor, John Edward. I don't know much about Edward's dance instruction, but I don't think much of his alleged psychic ability.

A rant

I ranted a bit about how much I don't like summer. I hate heat, humidity and Harleys. I hate sweating when I'm just sitting and reading. Working? I'm all right with sweating then.

Now, I don't hate Harley Davidson motorcycles that much, but they can be awfully damned noisy. Why do they get away with being so loud? If loud pipes save lives then I should be able to remove the muffler from my car. "Gee officer? Loud pipes save lives."

"Yeah, sure. Here's your ticket."

Movie recommendation

Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lorre, Mary Astor & Sidney Greenstreet: A perfect cast

This week I recommended the film noir classic, 'The Maltese Falcon'. It stars Humphrey Bogart in the role that took him from playing gangster tough guys to playing the tough, fast talking, self-assured leading man. Written and directed by John Huston, this 1941 detective classic features a cast of unforgettable characters. Peter Lorre is excellent as Joel Cairo.

It's a great film. Put it in your Netflix queue now!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Cows' by The Suburbs & 'Keep It Dark' by Genesis
Second ad break bumpers: 'Atom Tan' by The Clash & 'Mexican Radio' by Wall of Voodoo
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk On Demand page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment