6.12.2011

dimland radio 6-11-11 show notes

A Little Talk About The Weather

Up here in the North Star state (Minnesota in case you didn't know) we had an interesting stretch of weather. Tuesday (June 7th) the high temperature in the Twin Cities was 103 degrees! That's a new record high period. The previous record high was 102 degrees set in July 1988.

The more interesting bit is that two days later the high temperature barely got to 60 degrees. Weather in Minnesota. Go figure.

A Guest! Benjamin Radford

Skeptic, Scientific Paranormal Investigator: Benjamin Radford

That's right, I had Benjamin Radford as my guest. That's the second big time skeptic I've had on my show. (The first was George Hrab.) We talk about skepticism, investing the paranormal scientifically, and more. Ben even suggests a couple movies for your viewing pleasure.


You can learn more about Benjamin Radford here.


Benjamin Radford's Movie Recommendations: Bug (2006) & Falling Down (1993)



I have not seen Bug. I have seen Falling Down, but it has been quite some time. Both movies have been put on my Netflix queue.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'I Ran (So Far Away)' by Flock Of Seagulls & 'Bonneville' by The dB's
Second ad break bumpers: 'Desperately' by Don Williams & 'Smalltown Boy' by Bronski Beat
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment