11.13.2011

dimland radio 11-12-11 show notes


Excuses, Excuses

I started out talking about why I didn't do the show last week. In doing so, I talked about how Amy and I met and then about one of the two yearly freelance cartooning projects I do each year for Cold Side Silkscreening.

Comic and movie-lover: Doug Benson

Then I talked about Amy and I going watch comic Doug Benson record his podcast, Doug Loves Movies. The episode we attended can purchased on iTunes for $1.99, just look for the Doug Loves Movies from Minneapolis, 11-5-11. If you do buy it listen closely at the beginning, you just might hear Doug mention a Dr. Dim. Hmmm, who could that have been?

Our name tags for Doug Loves Movies.


Great minds thinking alike.

Doug mentioned me because he has his audience bring na
me tags so they might be picked to be played for by one of his guests in a movie trivia contest Doug calls the Leonard Maltin game. (Don't ask. I won't explain it here.) Amy brought a babydoll to be part of her name tag and after the show another audience member found Amy, because she to had used a babydoll for her name tag.

It's Just A Flesh Wound

Sorry, no picture of my head wound, but here's a picture of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

We dog-sat for friends of ours and while walking Ginger the little Cavalier King Charles back to the house, I smacked the top of my head into a tree branch. At first, I was just a little stunned (I didn't see stars though) then, once back in the house, I realized I was bleeding like a stuck pig.

Whee! What fun.

Those Lying Numbers

I then ventured into the realm of politics (sort of). A co
uple graphs caught my eye on the Facebook. Both were giving percentages based on how evil Republicans and Ronald Reagan in particular are. I talked about how the numbers were deceptive.

I had written two blogs based on each graph, here and here.

Movie Recommendation: Winnnebago Man (2009)

I dovetailed my political talk into this week's movie recommendation. 'Winnebago Man' is a documentary about a cantankerous fellow who became famous for his profanity laden outtakes from an industry video presentation tape that he was working on during the 1980s. The outtakes went viral and he became something of a legend. The filmmaker decided to track the man down and 'Winnebago Man' is the result of that search.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Jason & The Argonauts' by XTC & 'Ashes To Ashes' by David Bowie
Second ad break bumpers: 'What Difference Does It Make' by The Smiths & 'Tears' by The Chameleons UK
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment