11.20.2011

dimland radio 11-19-11 show notes


More Evidence Man Landed On The Moon


After a little talk about not swearing on my show, I even said "penis," I talked about some way cool images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. The photos show the landing sites of Apollo 12, 14, and 17. That led me to briefly talk about people not believing man has walked on the moon. Will this convince them? Probably not.

Cam Newton Name Count

A couple weeks ago (maybe three) the MN Vikings played the Carolina Panthers, that gave me the opportunity to put my theory of how sportscasters like to same certain players full names every time, instead of just the last name. Well, I was right, but I did notice that I may have been subject to some confirmation bias.

A Christmas Story

A riveting tale of six suckers, an child (me at about 8 years-old), and a mother's forcing the child to share. Find out what happens when a sucker goes m
issing.

The Beatles Sang What Now?


The album Rubber Soul saw the Beatles take a change in direction musically and lyrically. It also saw John Lennon write and sing a song with this lyric: "I rather see you dead, little girl than to be with other man." The song was "Run For Your Life."

Disturbing, eh? John pulled that line from an Elvis song, "Baby, Let's Play House." Some abandonment issues I guess.

Movie Recommendation: Bullitt (1968)


A gritty and gripping police drama starring Steve McQueen. Done in a pretty realistic fashion as far as police dramas go. Watch for that car chase. It's excellent.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Well, I Wonder' by The Smiths & 'Somebody Got Murdered' by The Clash
Second ad break bumpers: 'Bone Machine' by Pixies & 'Those Who Move' by Naked Raygun
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

No comments:

Post a Comment