1.15.2012

dimland radio 1-14-12 show notes


God's Chosen Team Loses

Gotta prove to God how faithful you are, 'coz he doesn't already know, right?

I talked a little football to start of the show. I couldn't resist having a little fun with Uber-Christain, Tim Tebow's Denver Broncos losing convincingly to the New England Patriots. Now we can enjoy the rest of the post season without hearing about Tebow ad nauseam.

More About Applied Kinesiology

This will give you an idea what's being done.

I talked more about that Good Feet infomercial and how ridiculous infomercials can be. Then I took on...

Chiropractors


NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

There is a good amount of evidence that a chiropractor can help you with some back pain, but that's about it. I talked about some of the unsupported by scientific evidence and studies claims that spinal manipulation can cure all sorts of illnesses. And I warned against going to a backcracker who advocates cracking children and babies. Run away from them!

Learn what kinds of chiropractors are out there here and
what science based medicine says about this "alternative" medical practice here.

Photoshop Can Do Everything

It's magic!

Having
been annoyed by the common error made in movies and TV programs of having the ability of enlarging a blurry image in a photograph to reveal perfect detail for years, the computer wizards who engineer Photoshop software may have created a program that can achieve that effect.

Click here to see a demo.


Awesome Toy: GI Joe Action Figures


Same age as me, so why do I look so much older?

No, not those
tiny, itty-bitty figures from the '80s, I mean the 12" tall GI Joes from the old days. I gave a little history of Joe and how he was introduced to the world the same year I was. It's a great toy.

Movie Recommendation: Se7en (1995)

Despite being dark, disturbing, and depressing, this film about a serial killer carrying out murders inspired by the seven deadly sins is awfully good. It stars Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, and Gwyneth Paltrow. The killer is played by an uncredited, Oscar-winning actor, I won't say who it is, who at one point channels Henry Fonda. Very interesting choice.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Der Kommissar' by After The Fire & 'Marlene On The Wall' by Suzanne Vega
Second ad break bumpers: 'Paralyzed' by Gang Of Four & 'Crystal Wrists' by Peter Murphy
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment