1.22.2012

dimland radio 1-21-12 show notes


Show Notes Notice

Those of you who have paid close attention to my show notes know that I post pictures, often times with clever captions, along with most of the items that appeared on the show. Well, with all this SOPA and PIPPI Longstocking Congressional bills in the news lately, I've begun to think I need to be more careful to give photo credits whenever I use an image found on the internets. So, if I can't find a way to list a credit there won't be an image. Older posts will remain as is (or should that be as are?).

Ringtone Talk

First, I mentioned it was National Hug Day and that I don't do hugs, then I went into a talk about ringtones, my wife, our car breaking down, an old co-worker and other stuff.

Science News

Biologists at the University of Minnesota have done something big in evolution. They've been able to show how "single-celled organisms formed multicellular clusters that ultimately became plants and animals." It's very cool and no prayer or reliance on an invisible deity was required.

Learn more
here.

Psychic Fail! What?! No! Say It Isn't So!

I saw a clip linked on Facebook. It is excellent! It's a great example of, in my opinion, cold reading by "psychic" Char Margolis. She fails tremendously! And my new hero, Larry Potash, calls her on it.

Click here to see the YouTube clip of the fail featured on WGN Morning News.

I also talked about "psychic" Char Margolis' appearance on The Larry Sanders Show. It was in 1998 (I mistakenly said '97 on the show) during season six.
The episode called I Buried Sid had Char, as herself, being astoundingly psychic. Of course, Larry Sanders is fiction, so Char can be written as being so accurate.

Her real world appearance on WGN was much more reflective of reality in showing her fail miserably. At least, that's what I think.


Movie Recommendation: Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (1971)

(Paramount Pictures/Warner Bros.)

One of the few musicals I actually like. Sure, it may be the nostalgia thing, but I really enjoy movie. Maybe it's mainly due to the fantastic, if somewhat scary, performance of Gene Wilder.


And I swear you see a chicken get its head chopped off.

Updated (1-22-12):

I was right! Again! You do see a chicken get its head chopped of during the "freak out" boat ride. Follow this link and watch the 1:06 minute mark. And this was rated G!


Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Armagh' by Au Pairs & '99th Pole Position' by Hunters & Collectors
Second ad break bumpers: 'Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio ' by Ramones & 'Houses In Motion' by Talking Heads
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment