3.25.2012

dimland radio 3-24-12 show notes


Even Me

Yep, even your humble host, Mr. Skeptic, can get caught by a scammer. I told two stories of encounters I've had with scammers. One much more recent, in which I don't really do any damage. The another tale took place many years ago and I was out a few bucks, but learned a lesson.

It's Not True: Daylight Savings Adds To Global Warming

I read a letter to the editor written to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 2007. I spotted the letter on my Facebook. The initial thought people (myself included) were having was how could someone be so stupid to think how we set our clocks has anything to do with global warming. However, the letter was real, but it was mean as satire.

Learn about it at snopes.com
.

George Hrab Portrait

My portrait of the super George Hrab

Then I told the story of how awesome George Hrab is, because he generously assisted me in doing a portrait of him. You know, I like to do portraits and I could do one for you. I charge $250 for an 8" x 10" B/W. Interested? Email me at drdim@dimland.com.

Patrick Burns And Some Possible Poltergeist Activity

A Facebook friend posted a video by Patrick Burns that purports to show poltergeist activity. An orange moves...slightly. Mr. Burns wasn't sure why it moved, but I gave my take on it.

You can watch the video here.


Hunger Games

In an example of just how out of touch I am, I admitted knowing nothing about Hunger Games until I saw Elizabeth Banks on Craig Ferguson's show last week.

Movie Recommendation: American Graffiti (1973)

(Universal Pictures)

I finally saw this excellent movie in its entirety just this past week. An ensemble cast of mostly unknown (at the time) actors have a "bitchin'" night of cruising in their "boss" cars. It's a heart-felt depiction of an innocence American would soon be losing, but not on that night.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Running On The Spot' by The Jam & 'U Got The Look' by Prince
Second ad break bumpers: 'Intruder' by Peter Gabriel & 'A Fire Burns' by The Church
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment