3.18.2012

dimland radio 3-17-12 show notes


Unfinished Business

I made some thank you's to my loyal listeners and to management. Something I had forgotten to do on show 100.

My Demon Is Here!

Your host and his demon. They look so happy together!

A couple years back I announced in the Z Talk chat room that I had invited a demon to come to my house. This was no problem for me, because I have no fear of demons. Some in chat advised against my invitation. Ah, nothing to worry about.

Well, no demon ever showed up. No surprise there. But, I was going through some of my old toys I found that I already had a demon. It's the demon Etrigan who was created by Jack "The King" Kirby for DC Comics.

A closer look at my demon.

I Hate Summer

Sure, it's only March 17th, but summer-like weather is here and I'm sweating. I hate sweating when I'm just sitting around. But summer isn't all bad, I squeezed in an amusing anecdote from several summers ago. I told how I got a teenage gir
l tell me, "Just looking at you makes me hot!" You don't say.

Science Changes It Mind AGAIN!

What is with science? Why can't it get its story straight?

Back on my 8/21/10 show I told how paleontologists had discovered that the Triceratops and Torosaurus dinosaurs were not separate species, but that the Triceratops was the juvenile version of the Torosaurus. See the shows for the 8/21/10 show here.

Well, not so fast. A team of paleontologists have found some very good evidence that they are indeed two different dinosaurs. See that story
here.

NOT Finding Bigfoot

I then spend some time critiquing an episode Finding Bigfoot. I give it a good going over but suffice to say the intrepid team do not find a bigfoot.

Watch them not find bigfoot here.

Movie Recommendation: Tombstone (1993)

(Buena Vista Pictures)

A very entertaining Western with an outstanding performance by Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'The One Thing' by INXS & 'Smokeless Zone' by XTC
Second ad break bumpers: 'Down In The Seine' by The Style Council & 'The KKK Took My Baby Away' by The Ramones
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment