3.11.2012

dimland radio 3-10-12 show notes


Show 100! Finally

I used a cold open to explain why show 100 did not take place two weeks ago and why it didn't take place last week. First it was server error that kept my off the air and then it was my having to do actual physical labor. Fortunately, this week I was able to proceed with show 100.

My Dad In The Hospital

When I originally recorded most of this show on February 25th, my dad was in the hospital. I gave the run down of what had happened and then I jumped in live to give the update. My dad is no longer in the hospital and he is doing much better. Thank you.

A Guest And Some Star Trek Talk

The awesome Candice Gilmer

Yes, a guest! In honor of show 100, I invited fellow ZTalker Candice Gilmer to join me for a discussion of a mutually enjoyed topic: Star Trek. It was a fun topic for us and the folks in chat seemed to find it entertaining
.

Faster Than Light Neutrinos Update

After all that Star Trek talk, I talked about the recent science story of neutrinos seemingly traveling faster than light. That should be impossible according to Einstein. It turns out that there may have been some faulty cable connections and some miscalibrated equipment that lead to the unexpected results. Scientists continue to investigate.

Skeptic Dr. Steve Novella has a good write-up on what's been happening with the science on these neutrinos here.

Lucky S.O.B. Finds And Sells Comic Book Collection For $3.5 Million

I can tell you this is the dream of every comic book collector. Maybe not to sell such a collection but to find one. Michael Rorrer found his late great uncle's collection while cleaning out his recently deceased great aunt's house. In the collection were 44 of the top 100 most desirable Golden Age comic books, which were auctioned off for $3.5 million.

Read more about Mr. Lucky here.

Movie Recommendation: None This Week

You'd have thought I would suggest a Star Trek movie, but I just didn't get around to recommending one this week. Sue me.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Rock 'N' Roll Is King' by ELO & 'Pretty Girls Make Graves' by The Smiths
Second ad break bumpers: 'The Bottom Line' by Big Audio Dynamite & 'Face The Face' by Pete Townshend
Third ad break bumpers: 'Golden Brown' by The Stranglers & 'Don't Lose Your Temper' by XTC
Fourth ad break bumpers: 'Small Blue Thing' by Suzanne Vega & 'Lead A Normal Life' by Peter Gabriel
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment