5.13.2012

dimland radio 5-12-12 show notes



What The Hell Happened To Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?!

I told about how the new version of "Millionaire" upsets me.  The contestants no longer sit, they stand, and that seems to allow for undignified behavior.

Memories: 9/11
 
I give my memory of finding out the events of 9/11, as accurately as I can remember.  But don't forget that memory is not video tape.

Memories:  A Family Ghost Story

It was my mother who told me about the ghost sighting story Grandpa Fitzsimons had told her.  Of course, I don't believe Grandpa actually saw the ghost of his grandmother.  I talked about how memory is very fallible in that my mother told the story one way in the '70s and another way just a couple years ago.
 
Gross Out

In uncharacteristic fashion, I talked a little gross out stuff.  Namely, hocking loogies.  Yuck!

Movie Recommendation: The Three Musketeers (1973)

20th Century Fox

A very fun and entertaining swashbuckler by director Richard Lester.  A good deal of sword-fighting, humor and Raquel Welch.  What could be better?


Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'The Model' by Kraftwerk & 'Dear John' by Au Pairs
Second ad break bumpers: 'The Wait' by Killing Joke & 'Senses Working Overtime' by XTC
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment