5.06.2012

dimland radio 5-5-12 show notes



You Didn't Tell Us The Property Was Already Occupied!

A New Jersey couple seem to have come up with a novel idea to get out of their lease.  They claim that their house is haunted.  Sure it is.  And ABC News filed the usual pretty credulous report on the alleged haunting.

If given the two options of a haunted house or a couple trying to break their lease, Occam's Razor would urge you to favor the latter possibility.


Another Bigfoot Video And An Interesting Thread
 
Yep, another video was posted on YouTube of what looks like a guy in an ape costume.  But the claim is that it's a bigfoot.  I posted the link on my Facebook page and an interesting thread ensued.

The Water Horse And Its Inaccuracies

This 2007 family film gives its take on the Loch Ness Monster myth.  It's an enjoyable, if not great, film.  It does have a couple things that troubled me.  It suggested that the famous Surgeon's Photo (the most well known image of the alleged beastie), first published in 1934, was taken in 1942.  It also made it look as though the Loch open right out into the North Sea.
 
Not killers of my enjoyment of the film, but amusing mistakes.
 
Close Talking Actors

I talked about seeing close talkers so often in film and TV shows.  An early episode of Law & Order having two characters a conversation and standing so close to each other that I got uncomfortable.

Movie Recommendation: Papillon (1973)

Columbia Pictures

I saw this movie way back in 1974 when I was 9.  Seeing it since then surprises me with the amount of adult material.  It's a prison film and it's very good.  Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman are excellent.


Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'You Took' by The Church & 'Throw Your Arms Around Me' by Hunters & Collectors
Second ad break bumpers: 'I Want You Back' by Hoodoo Gurus & 'Let's Get Married' by Celibate Rifles
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment