11.18.2012

dimland radio 11-17-12 show notes



Cops And The Dumpster Area

I told about the brush with the law I had the night before my show.  I clean a building on Friday nights.  It's just something I do.  I'm just that kind of guy.  Well, I do get paid for it.

Anyway!  I had just thrown a bag of trash in the dumpster and was walking back to the building when two sheriff's vehicles pulled into the parking lot.  One of the officers hopped out of his vehicle and went over to the dumpster area which I had just left to search it.  My guess is they were looking for some scofflaw.

I watched curiously and then went to ask the other officer what was up.  As I approached, he told me to get back in the building.  I got the message, turned and hurried back into the building.  I never found out what they were doing exactly.


 
Bigfeets Don't Fail Me Now

I related a couple of stories about the probably nonexistent creature.  One was about yet another not very good video of a blobsquatch.  Actually, it's an excellent video of a blobsquatch, it just isn't very good evidence for bigfoot.

The other story was of bigfoot hunter Jeff Meldrum and his proposed search using a radio-controlled blimp equipped with a thermal imaging camera.  Meldrum has good science bona fides, but I don't think his new method will be any more successful in establishing the elusive beast's existence than any have been thus far.

You can learn more here, here, and here.

It's Not A Bug!  It's Not A Bug!  I'm Telling You It's Not A Bug

The latest UFO video that's been making the rounds is very likely video of bugs flying closely by a video camera.  But don't tell news reporter Heidi Hemmat that, she doesn't want to hear it.  She emphatically tells us that it's not a bug, but all signs point to it being a bug.

Here is Heidi Hemmat's report and here is Ben Radford's analysis of the bug video.  I mean UFO video.  No, I mean bug video.  It's a bug, Heidi!


Mad Props For Probst

With all the other daytime talk shows following the easy path of mystery-mongering when it comes to psychics, it was so refreshing to see Jeff Probst take a skeptical approach to the topic.  With the assistance of skeptic Mark Edward, Jeff demonstrated the deception of the psychic reading industry.  Will it wise people up to the nonsense of psychics?  Maybe not everyone, but it might plant that sorely needed seed of doubt.

Good work, Jeff.  I hope your show lasts and that you do more shows of a skeptical nature.


Read Mark Edward's account here.

Movie Recommendation: Them! (1954)
Warner Brothers

I turned to my son for this week's movie recommendation.  He suggested this above average 1950s sci-fi classic.  Because of nuclear weapons testing, some ants have become giant-sized and threaten to destroy humankind.  Not to worry, the humans prevail.  Or do they? 

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Time The Avenger' by The Pretenders & 'Rat Patrol' by Naked Raygun
Second ad break bumpers: 'Shout To The Top' by The Style Council & 'Angels Of Deception' by The The
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment