2.24.2013

dimland radio 2-23-13 show notes


I Am Not A Doctor

I started off stating that I really am not a doctor.  Really.  I'm not.

I also took a shot at other doctors who have Phds, but aren't medical doctors.  I'm not one of those either.  I mentioned Dr. OZ, who is a medical doctor, but he does so much anti-science medicine stuff that maybe he shouldn't be considered a doctor.  And then there's the father of the anti-vax movement, Andrew Wakefield, who isn't a doctor anymore.
 
Space Might Be Attacking Us

The asteroid and the booming meteor over Russia might make you thinking we're being attacked, but we really aren't.  I reviewed some of the recent space invading events that took place just recently and at what seemed to be at the same time.

It's neat stuff, but space really isn't attacking us.  Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomer, wrote about the awesomeness here.
 
Something else I learned from the event: Russia's pop music is just as crappy as ours.
 
Ten Minute Topic With Chris Brown

Chris and I talked some politics and statistics.  Chris referred us to the book 'The Drunkard's Walk', which sure sounds like an interesting read.  I'll be putting it of my reading list.
 
We also mentioned NECSS and Nate Silver.
 
The Movie Hobo

I have been made an admin for the Facebook page The Movie Hobo.  The Movie Hobo is a group page of movie enthusiasts making various comment about our favorite entertainment medium.  I encouraged my listeners (all four of them from last night) to like that page.

And would it hurt you to find Dimland Radio's Facebook fan page and give it a like?

The Good Life
 

The star of the British television series 'The Good Life' died recently.  His name was Richard Briers and he played Tom Good on that very popular (in the UK anyway) show.

I took that opportunity to talk about that show, which is my all-time favorite sit-com.  Not because it is the funniest , but it has become like comfort food for me.  I just like the characters so much.
 
You might as well.  In fact, I made 'The Good Life' my movie recommendation.  I know!  It's not a movie, but it is available on Netflix  and it's only 30 episodes, so it's really worth watching.

Movie Recommendation: None This Week Again (See Above)

Yep, you're on your own again this week, but 'The Good Life' is a good suggestion.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Big Brother Muscle' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs & 'Cooks County' by The Who
Second ad break bumpers: 'Like It Or Not' by Genesis & 'No More Lonely Nights' by Paul McCartney
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment