6.02.2013

dimland radio 6-1-13 show notes


Open Mind?
 
Once again the skeptic (me) has to explain the whole open mind concept.  Having an open mind mean being willing to consider a claim, not necessarily to accept that claim.  I read Sharon Hill's (Doubtful News) blog about who is open minded, the skeptic or the believer.  If you've listened to my show for any amount of time, you'd know what I think.
 
Never Found In The 80s: Husker Du
 
This band is from St. Paul, MN, but I'm sure you've heard they are from Minneapolis.  That happens all the time.  People not from Minnesota think our only city is Minneapolis.  I makes me so... Sorry, I'm from St. Paul.  We get a little touchy about the whole Minneapolis thing.  Anyway, I wrote about Husker Du and included a concert video clip.  I was at that concert!  You can see my piece on this never found band at the Stuck in the 80s blog.

Why I Hate The NY Yankees (And You Should, Too)

Sure, there are plenty of reasons to hate the Yankees, but while watching Ken Burns: Baseball I finally pinpointed my main reasons: the 1960 World Series and Stephen Jay Gould.  If you weren't listening you can download the show from the Z Talk Radio archive and get the details.
 
Movie Recommendation: Ken Burns: Baseball
 
PBS

Well, as long as I was talking about it already I figured I should recommend this excellent documentary series.  It and its follow-up The Tenth Inning are streaming on Netflix.  I watched this series a few times now.  It demonstrates why baseball is the greatest game ever devised.  Ever.  Period.

Music heard on the show (These songs are linked above)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'The Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill' & 'I Apologize' by Husker Du
Second ad break bumpers: 'The Killing Jar' by Siouxsie & the Banshees & 'Sweet Water Pools' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment