11.24.2013

dimland radio 11-23-13 show notes



Tour Of Jury Duty

So, I had jury duty this past week.  That's part of the reason I did the show live instead of prerecording it on Friday night.  I was just too tuckered out.

I didn't get picked for a jury but I sure spent a lot of time waiting around.  I also talked about being subjected to the "so help you god" phrase when I was sworn in as a potential juror.  Oh, well.  In my mind I swore to Batman.

She Didn't Predict That

Sylvia Browne died this past week.  You know her, she's the heavy smoker who claimed to be psychic and she's made millions preying on the public's gullibility.  She predicted to Larry King she would live to 88, she was wrong (again) and died 11 years short.
 
I take no joy in her death, but at least she won't continue to, in my opinion, bilk grieving and desperate people of their money.
 
He Just Needs A Few More Decades And A Lot More Money

Doctor (I use that term cautiously) Stanislaw Burzynski has been conducting research for his antineoplaston cancer treatment for decades.  It doesn't work.  But that hasn't stopped the good doctor.  It also hasn't stopped him from charging his patients thousands of dollars to take part in his research.

This has been a widely criticized practice by other doctors and scientists doing real research for treatments and cures for cancer.  Well, USA Today and reporter Liz Szabo have done a good job of bringing this money-taker to the attention of the American public.  So, for this excellent reporting, even with some positive testimonials from some of Burzynski's surviving patients, I have made USA Today and Liz Szabo Dimland Radio Science Heroes.
 
Something Big Happened 50 Years Ago...

I'm sure you have heard that this weekend was the 50th anniversary of the debut of the British sci-fi series Doctor Who.  It was also the anniversary of Lee Harvey Oswald's (on his own) assassination of Pres. John F Kennedy.

All the science brought to bear on this event points to one person killing the president.  It was Lee Harvey Oswald.  I mentioned one conspiracy theorist friend of my who just can't accept that.  He believes that the event was too big to be done by a lone nut.  Well, as unsatisfying as that is, it is the truth.
 
I'm not the only one who thinks this way.  There are others who have done extensive research and study and they have concluded LHO did it.  Vince Bugliosi, the California DA who prosecuted Charles Manson, wrote 'Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F Kennedy', in which he lays out the case against LHO.  George Mason University has an interview of Mr. Bugliosi on the assassination.

Gerald Posner wrote the book 'Cased Closed:
Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK' which was released in 1993.  The book has recently been converted to an e-book to commemorate the 50th anniversary with a new forward, but NOTHING in the book needed to be revised or updated.  The science was that solid.  Posner also lays out the case against LHO.  LA Times writer Hector Tobar was a long time JFK conspiracy theorist until he read Posner's book (see his article here).

Also, I mentioned Dale Myers (I think I may have called him Gary) who had created a virtual 3D animation of the assassination.  Dealy Plaza was recreated digitally as were Pres. Kennedy and Gov. Connally.  Using the Zapruder film as a guide, it is clear that one bullet (called the Magic Bullet by conspiracy theorists) struck both men and that that bullet came from the sniper's nest in the Texas School Book Depository building.  Here is a clip displaying that evidence.

Oswald did it.  Alone.  Let's move on.
 
Movie Recommendation: Twelve Angry Men (1957)
United Artists
 
As preparation for my jury duty, I watched this excellent film.  I also managed to throw in a couple Pedantic Moments, but don't let that keep you from watching this Sidney Lumet film starring Henry Fonda.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Mammoth Gardens' by Game Theory & 'I'll Be You' by HThe Replacements
Second ad break bumpers: 'Party At Ground Zero' by Fishbone & 'Take It Away' by Paul McCartney
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment