12.02.2013

dimland radio 11-30-13 show notes


Two Corrections
 
During last week's show, I made a couple mistakes.  Hard to believe, I know, but I did.  When I was talking about Amanda Berry and her escape from 10 plus years of captivity, I got the name of her captor wrong.  He name was (he's dead now) Ariel Castro not Ariel Gonzalez.

And when I talked about the JFK assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald, I mistakenly referred to the computer animator who recreated the event through 3D computer animation as Gary Myer.  His name is Dale Myer.

My deepest apologies for these errors.

A Rant
 
I went on a rant that covered the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the NFL, and Selena Gomez.  It was tiring, but fun.
 
Ghost Hunters Burn Down Historic Building

In another What's The Harm moment (fully acknowledging Tim Farley's WhatsTheHarm.net), I talked about a group of nimrods who trespassed into the LeBeau Plantation house in Louisiana to hunt for ghosts.  Part of their equipment list included beer and pot.  The morons allegedly attempted to provoke the ghosties into showing themselves and, in the process, they, allegedly, burnt the building to the ground.  The seven hunters have been arrested.
 
Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Get Treated By Chiropractors

Continuing in the "what's the harm" mode, I discussed the Australian chiropractor who allegedly broke a baby's neck and an American chiropractor, who was ordered by a jury to compensate a patient $575,000, having been found responsible for causing that patient to have a stroke.  Although rare, the neck manipulation done by chiropractors can tear arteries in the neck which can lead to stroke.

Go here to learn more by the Australian chiropractor and here for the American one.  And go here to learn more about stroke caused by neck manipulation.
 
The Non-Tip That Wasn't A Non-Tip

I first spotted this story on Facebook.  It's the story of a gay waitress who claims a couple stiffed her out of a tip and left a homophobic message.  People were disgusted and rightly so.  BUT!  The couple in question came forward with evidence that they had indeed left a tip.  It seems the waitress may have been lying.
 
Read the sordid details here.

I also mentioned a similar story that surfaced some months ago about a Red Lobster waitress who received a racist message in lieu of a tip.  That story has also been disputed.  I must admit that with this story, when I first spotted it also on Facebook, I had my doubts.  Mainly, because I have a difficult time understanding why someone would be compelled to leave such a comment.  But some people just don't think the way I do.  Shame.

 
Movie Recommendation: Once Upon A Time In The West (1968)
Paramount Pictures
 
A classic Western directed by Sergio Leone and starring Henry Fonda (two weeks in a row recommending a Henry Fonda film?), Charles Bronson, Jason Robards, and Claudia Cardinale.  An epic Western in which Fonda plays the villain.  And, boy, is he one nasty villain.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Terms Of Psychic Warfare' by Husker Du & 'De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da' by The Police
Second ad break bumpers: 'I Against I' by Bad Brains & 'Heat Of The Moment' by Asia
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment