2.16.2014

dimland radio 2-15-14 show notes

Last Music Show

A sad occasion, sort of, as this was my last music show on Z Talk Radio. At the end of this month, Z Talk will no longer have a license to play signed artist's music, so I decided to do a three hour long musical cavalcade to go out with a bang. I went with a mix of excellent tunes from the 60s on up to the 00s and my son, Hayden, once again sat in to help old Dad with the show.

I am not allowed to archive music shows, so you would have had to tune in to listen. The following is what you missed if you weren't there...

Playlist  

Whip - Devo
Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
No Reply At All - Genesis
Photograph - Ringo Starr
Across The Great Divide - Semisonic
Message Of Love - The Pretenders
Kodachrome - Paul Simon
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
Miserlou - Dick Dale
Da Da Da - Trio
905 - The Who
Only You- Yaz
I Feel Love - Donna Summer
Mexican Radio - Wall of Voodoo
Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
Somebody Wants To Love You - The Partridge Family
Driven To Tears - The Police
Smooth Operator - Sade
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
The Mayor Of Simpleton - Husker Du
Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings
Beautiful Stranger - Madonna
Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie
Waterloo - ABBA
Radio Free Europe - REM
Overkill -Colin Hay
Nowhere Man - The Beatles
Tell Me Why - Berlin
Cars - Gary Numan
Vanishing Girl - The Dukes of Stratosphear
Spanish Bombs - The Clash
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
Back Stabbers - The O'Jays
Beatle Boots - Love Tractor
Surrender - Cheap Trick
One Way Or Another - Blondie
Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide - The Kings
Can't Hardly Wait - The Replacements

Other Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio Music Show opening & closing theme song: 'Twist' by Tones On Tail

That's it! You should know that I am not able to archive the music shows I do due to the limitations of Z Talk Radio's music license. So, if you want to hear the music you have to tune in. Next month I will do another music show on www.ztalkradio.com otherwise be sure to tune in Saturday 11pm Central, midnight Eastern for another regular edition of Dimland Radio. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment