3.30.2014

dimland radio 3-29-14 show notes

The New TV

This show was live because we got a new TV. I had to go pick it up Friday evening which threw off my normal Friday night schedule. So, instead of prerecording the show on Friday night, I went on live. I hope I didn't sound too scared. At least, no more than usual.

Dyer: Hoaxing Again

World renown bigfoot hoaxer Rick Dyer admits to another hoax. Ho hum. Hoaxers gotta hoax.

Dimland Radio Science Hero: Jimmy Wales
 
There is a petition going around with the goal of making Wikipedia less critical of alternative medicine. Those darn skeptics on Wikipedia keep letting users know that alt medicine is not supported by science. The petitioners are threatening to not donate to Wikipedia and Jimmy Wales, co-founder of the online encyclopedia, has said the alt medicine supporters need to show that their treatments work. It's as simple as that.

Some Cosmos Talk

My friend John thinks the little he's seen of the new Cosmos is a "disaster." What?! I pointed out why he is wrong. Also, the boys and girl over at the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast have given Cosmos a bit of a review. Their overwhelming overall impression is that the show is awesome. They had a handful of minor nit picks, however, and I went over those.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the show on our new TV.

Two More Dicks

A viral video has been labeled as instant karma (karma is, of course, nonsense, but still) has come to my attention. A road rager got stuck behind a left lane hog. The road rager final got passed the hog but ended up losing control of his vehicle and crashing of the road. Luckily, no one else was involved in the crash.
 
The common reaction I saw was people thinking the guy got what he deserved. Now, I agree, but the woman who planted herself in the PASSING LANE should have gotten out of the way.

They were both dicks. He was dickus majorus. She was dickus minorus. (That's made up Latin. Pretty good, eh?)

Movie Recommendation: ParaNorman (2012)
 
This was the first film we watched on our new TV while streaming on Netflix. Yep, our new TV has Wi-Fi. Anywho, ParaNorman is an animated feature that is pretty clever. My son, Hayden, really enjoyed it and made sure I watched it with him the following day. It's pretty good and you can stream it on Netflix.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Shaken Not Stirred' by Red Guitars & 'Scorpio Rising' by 10,000 Maniacs
Second ad break bumpers: 'Above It Now' by Figures & 'New World Man' by Rush
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment