9.21.2015

dimland radio 9-19-15 show notes of the show that didn't air

Server Issues, I Think

The server was down when I went in to make sure my show would air. I got it going again, but it didn't want to play my show for September 19th. It did, however, want to play an older show of mine. So, show 242 didn't air, but it is available on Z Talk's Show Archive page.
 
What I've decided to do is forge ahead and do a new show to air Saturday at the normal time, provided the server works or I work it properly. I will place show 242 in the Big Picture Science show slot. You might not know this, but the excellent science program Big Picture Science follows my show on Saturday nights. Two episodes play each week. You really ought to check it out.
 
But, for Saturday the 26th, I'll replace the first BPS show with Dimland Radio show 242, so you can hear it, if you'd rather not grab it from the show archive.
 
The following are the show notes for the show that didn't play...

A New Car!

It isn't this exact car, but this is the same model year and color.
Not brand new. It's a 2014 Kia Soul, but it's new to us. Amy's dad gave us some money to put toward a new vehicle a while back. And my dad said he was willing to help us out, too. Our dads both wanted us to have a decent, reliable vehicle before winter sets in. So, with their generous assistance, we bought that Kia Soul.
 
Yes, we do note the irony of a family of atheists owning a car called Soul, but what the hell. It's a neat car and it's the best either of us have ever owned. We'll just spell it S-O-L-E in our minds.
 
The Who North American Tour Postponed

This could be considered the yin to the yang (or is that the yang to the yin?) of our good news of getting the new car. It was announced that due to illness The Who Hits 50 North American Tour will be postponed until Spring 2016. Roger Daltrey (71) is being treated for viral Meningitis and, although we are told he is on the mend, his doctors have order no touring for the rest of the year.

I do want Roger to get better and I can wait until Spring, but the October 10th show that I have tickets to, was to be our mine and Amy's 14th wedding anniversary celebration. Now we will have to find something else to do.

Thanks, Obama.

Some Blogs Are Posted
 
I do a couple blogs, as long time listeners and readers of this blog (see?) will know. Recently, I have had a blog posted on the Stuck in the 80s site. It was another installment of my ongoing series featuring the alternative musical acts of the 80s. The posts are called Never Found in the 80s. My latest is about the Irish rock band Cactus World News.
 
And I think I mentioned writing about my most favorite toys of my youth. They were the two foot tall robots know as the Shogun Warriors. And they really were awesome!
 
More On That Whole Bush Lied About WMD

A sizable chunk of the show was my going over a Facebook comment discussion I had with two fellows who disagreed with my stance that Bush didn't knowing give false information about Iraq's WMD stockpiles and programs to create them.
 
Links and opinions were shared very civilly. One fellow was a bit more upset with me and the other fellow did capitulate that there is no "hard evidence" that the Bush Administration and Republicans were lying. Nothing that would carrying any weight in court, anyway.
 
This article from 2004 was offered as giving examples of Bush lying. However, the article lists flip flops (changes in position on issues) not lies. And the fellow who posted it neglected to post part two of that article series, which listed John Kerry's (Bush's Democrat opponent in 2004) flip flops.
 
There was also an article from 2008 that told of a study that counted 935 false statements made by the Bush Administration officials in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq. I noted that those statements weren't called lies and that they were found to be false only after Saddam was taken from power.
 
I maintained that Bush and the world were going on the best information available at the time. And that information all pointed to Iraq having stockpiles of WMD unaccounted for since the expulsion of the UN weapons inspectors in 1998. I also reiterated that there were no world intelligence agencies stating they had evidence there were no stockpiles prior to invasion.
 
I, in interest of trying to prove myself wrong, did find an article on a BBC TV series, Panorama, claiming that Saddam's foreign minister had told a CIA official six months prior to invasion that there were no WMD. But, I pointed out that program aired in March 2013 and it doesn't seem to have gotten any traction. Also, it's worth noting, that same foreign minister stated just before the show aired that the story was totally fabricated by Panorama.
 
The discussion was civil and one fellow may believe in his heart that Bush lied admitted the evidence was sparse and not very good. The other fellow unfriended me.
 
Jade Helm 15 Ends...
 
Jade Helm 15 ends and Texas is still free, no ones guns were taken away, closed Walmarts did not become prisons, and martial law was not declared. Did the conspiracy theorists' alarm raising prevent Obama from destroying America or was it just a military training session that ran its course? I think you know which scenario I favor.
 
Now onto the next conspiratorial false-flag operation... 

Movie Recommendations: The Incredibles (2004)

By far my favorite of all the Pixar animated films. And Pixar has plenty of great films to its credit.
 
Brad Bird wrote and directed this excellent superhero adventure story. I'm sure most of you have seen it, but why not watch it again?
 
There is a sequel in the works with Bird at the helm again. I really look forward to it!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Dear John' by Au Pairs & 'Jean's Not Happening' by the Pale Fountains
Second ad break bumpers: 'Erica's Word' by Game Theory &  'Antonin Artaud' By Bauhaus
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment