11.02.2015

dimland radio 10-31-15 show notes

Dimland Radio Look At Sports

I talked about this year's World Series and some of the great moments of previous Fall Classics. At the time I recorded the show, the Kansas City Royals looked like they would defeat the New York Mets and I speculated on that possibility.
 
The Royals did go on (goon?) to win the Series.
 
Here are the great moments I touched on:
 
Kirk Gibson's home run in 1988.
 
Kirby Puckett's home run in 1991.
 
Game Six of the 2011 World Series between the Texas Rangers and the St. Louis Cardinals.
 
Don Larson's perfect game in 1956.
 
Jack Morris' 10 inning pitching gem in 1991.
 
And THE GREATEST moment in World Series history.

Here's one I shared on the Nostalgia Zone's Facebook page, that I didn't talk about on the show.

It was game six and seven of the 1975 World Series between the Boston Red Socks and the Cincinnati Reds.

No Boarding Of This Outrage Train
 
My brother-in-law's brother-in-law (not me) posted a graphic reflecting the outrage over Target, Walmart, etc. now being open on Thanksgiving Day. I pointed out there are plenty of other people who already work that day. Why should we feel outrage that some Target workers have to work on Thanksgiving, when we aren't bothered about police and fire, doctors and nurses having to work then? And what about workers at movie theaters and bars, etc?
 
My brother-in-law's brother-in-law (not me) responded that he wouldn't be going to a movie or a bar. And I'm sure he wasn't planning on needing a doctor or the cops.
 
I then hit him with what you see in the graphic below. I think he removed the original graphic (you'll see the original in my reworking) from his Facebook page. He'll be watching football.
 
See what I did there?
 
A Prediction About The New Star Wars Movie

Based on what I've seen or, I should say, who I haven't seen in the Star Wars trailers I'm speculating that Luke Skywalker has gone over to the Dark Side of the Force. It seems to me that is what the ads are hinting at.
 
I'm probably wrong. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
 
OH! I'm not the only one who thinks this way! There's this guy.
 
'Destination America' And Bullshit

A group of spirit chase-awayers performed an exorcism on a house on live television. Really? Just when you thought television couldn't get any lower or pander to the delusional any more, along comes these guys pulling the user of emotionally needy children (see Psychic Kids) Chip Coffey along with them. Their intent is to de-demonize the house in which "Roland Doe" lived when he was alleged to have been possessed by demons.
 
Yeah. How'd that work out, I wonder.

Movie Recommendations: The Changeling (1980) & The Legend of Hell House (1973)
 
I've recommended these movies before, but I thought, "'Tis the season." Why not recommend them again, since I just blogged about them for the Warehouse Find blog?
 
Go here for more.
 
Oh! I Almost Forgot...

This is what my son went as for Halloween this year.
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Crystal Wrists' by Peter Murphy & 'Go!' by Tones On Tail
Second ad break bumpers: 'Date With A Vampyre' by The Screaming Tribesmen &  'Double Dare' By Bauhaus
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment