10.17.2016

dimland radio 10-15-16 show notes

Happy Anniversary!

My wife and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on October 13th. We dropped the kid at my parents' house and we took in a comedy show. The headliner was Dana Gould and we had a great time. We were right in the front row, so there were a couple of somewhat awkward, yet hilarious, moments.

Gould is very funny and he is the host of my current favorite podcast: The Dana Gould Hour. It's a monthly (more or less) podcast that is never just an hour. Very funny and thought-provoking stuff. It's on iTunes. Check it out.

We Can Say What Now On TV?

Just when you thought the Republican candidate couldn't get any lower, he does. Audio and video came out of him talking about his celebrity giving him ability to just do whatever he wants to women. Sure, it's bragging bullshit, but it's crude and base and, if he actually does what he claims, illegal.


So, in response to this revelation, First Lady Michelle Obama gave a very excellent and heartfelt speech on Trump's use of language, his attitude toward women, and how his is a mindset this nation, and world, should not tolerate.

Hear! Hear!

But, as I heard a local talk radio host ask, how do the Obama's square that correct stance and attitude with having rap recording artists, such as Ludacris, as guests at the White House? I hope I don't appear that I'm not painting rap music with a broad brush, I know it has a wide range of styles and topics, but would Ludacris maybe have a song or two with lyrics that contain what could be euphemistically called "locker room talk"?

Curious.

Also curious is the breaking down of the barrier of not referring to a woman's genitalia as a "pussy" on television. Although most news outlets were careful not to say it, some did. And Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show pulled a lot of comedy gold out of it.

What would George Carlin think?


The MN Vikings Are Undefeated, So Far

I have been a Vikings fan for many years, more than 40 in fact. And, as encouraging as this 5 - 0 start is, I know one thing that fans can always count on when it comes to the Vikings: They never fail to disappoint.

So, with that in mind, in my latest blog on Warehouse Find, the official blog of Nostalgia Zone, focus on just how this team builds up their fans' hope and dashes them. Four lost Superbowls and five lost NFC Championships doesn't seem to deter some people.

Well, I'm not hopping on that bandwagon until a week after they win the Superbowl.


Movie Recommendation: From Hell (2001)



I have recommended this one before, but I think it's a worthy, stylish, if bleak, film. Perfect for October!


Music heard on the show...
 
Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Broken Face' by Pixies & 'Epic' by Faith No More
Second ad break bumpers: 'Lead A Normal Life' by Peter Gabriel & 'Abacab' by Genesis
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com
 
You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment