1.21.2018

dimland radio 1-20-18 show notes

What The Happened Last Week?

Well, I talked over a sounder and forgot to take my second break. I just kept talking.
 
Then I changed Morgan Freeman's name to Martin Freeman. Whoops.

Sports!

It's finally happened! A break in a playoff game went the Minnesota Vikings' way. 50 plus years of playoff and Superbowl futility and several breaks going the way of the Vikes' opponents.
 
In case you live in a cave or are a member of al qaeda, you may not know about what is now called the Minneapolis Miracle. Well, I let you know about this show.
 
I talk all about it, my reaction, the reaction of Minnesota fans, etc. I also give a little advice to those who are so dismissive of sports fans. 

Fun With A Conspiracy Theorist

   

I posted the internet comic strip you see above to my Facebook. And it brought a response by a conspiracy theorist claiming the President doesn't even have full clearance to all areas of Area 51. Friend of the show, Craig, and I decided to have some fun responding to his comment.
 
We must have had too much fun, because the fellow making those claims deleted his comment and our teasing was lost.
 
The next day he posted a curious message on his Facebook feed. 

I Liked Star Wars: The Last Jedi
  
I wrote a review on the Warehouse Find blog, in which I admonished some Star Wars fans' negativity. But, I guess they are entitled to their opinions.

Dimland Radio Pedantic Moment: Star Wars Light Saber Battles And The Turned Back
  
I talked about what a bad idea it is to turn you back on your opponent when in a sword fight. Why would you expose your back, however briefly, while in a duel? It might looks cool to the audience, but it's still just a bad idea. 

Top Three Cool Things Of The Week

There's just one Cool Things from this week.

1) Come on! What else would it be?
 
 
 
Movie Recommendation: None

I've recommended this before, but since it's part of my Pedantic Moment this week, why not recommend it again? Besides, it's a modern classic. 
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'I Ran (So Far Away)' by A Flock Of Seagulls & 'Like It Or Not' by Genesis
Second ad break bumpers: 'Lay All Your Love On Me' by ABBA & 'Little America' by REM
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment