1.27.2018

dimland radio 1-27-18 show notes


Sports! Yes, Again.

Concerning the Minnesota Vikings latest appearance in the NFC Championship game, how about I keep it simple and sum it up with an often used phrase in the Fitzsimons family? OK? Here goes:

Well, at least they won't lose the Superbowl.

Sigh. 

Salt For The Wound 
 
As if the Vikings being the Vikings wasn't bad enough, Mother Nature decided that after such a humiliating defeat the Twin Cities might really enjoy have about a foot of snow dropped on them.
 
It was so much fun having to have to remove snow at home, at my parent's, and at work over the course of three days.
 
Why do we live here?
 
Bragging rights. 

That "Healing" Center Offers What, Now?
  
I will see if I can get a picture. Until then you'll just have to take my word for it. Well, my friend's word, as I haven't seen it either.
 
It the window of a particular "healing" center is listed what they have to offer: Acupuncture, Herbs, Medicine, Miracles. Miracles? Why not skip the other three and just go with the miracles? What good are herbs if you can work miracles?

Dimland Radio Science Hero: Mr. Show


Long, long ago in the 1990s, HBO aired a sketch comedy program filled with irreverent, biting, satirical, and very funny pokes at society. It was called Mr. Show with Bob & David. And I loved it!
 
I've been watching the shows on YouTube. In one episode, they do an excellent send up of psychics. They nailed just how just of not real psychic powers really are. I liked it so much I decided to declare the show Dimland Radio Science Heroes.
 
Favorite Movies Of "All Time?"
  
There's a Facebook group dedicated to discussing unusual movies. It's called Incredibly Strange Films and it usually has some very intriguing posts. One member of the group chimed in asking us to list our top five all time favorite movies (they didn't have to be strange). He started it off with his list of five. None of the films on his list was older than eight years. I commented that that was a rather limited list.
 
But, those might just be his five all time favorites.
 
Mine? I'm glad you. It really is impossible for me to narrow it down to five, but these are what I've come up with. None are out of the mainstream, but all are films I can (and have) watch again and again.
 
Ask me in a couple weeks and the list might be different.
 
Here they are:
 
Jaws (1975)
Wizard of Oz (1939)
Top Three Cool Things Of The Week

Here's Three Cool Things from this week.
 
Lou Flores © 2018
 
3) A friend from my art school days has posted a couple of his sketches he's done recently and they are pretty damn darn good!
 
 
2) On Showtime you can catch a documentary of one of my favorite bands. It's called XTC: This Is Pop. It's a little on the short side, but I think it's pretty darn good!
 
1) With all the snow this week, I helped my next door neighbor by clearing the alley access to her garage, as well as her front sidewalk and stairs. I always do this, because she's older and shouldn't have to struggle with all that snow. She left a Thank You card (and some money) on our porch. I'd do it even if she didn't gave us any money. And the thank you felt pretty darn good!
 
Movie Recommendation: None
 
I mentioned five films in my faves. Pick one of them. 
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'OK Wait' by Naked Raygun & 'Surfers Are Back' byThe Barracudas
Second ad break bumpers: 'Escape From The Planet Earth' by The Alleycats & 'Age Of Consent' by New Order
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment