6.03.2018

dimland radio 6-2-18 show notes


"I'll Get That For You."

At the gas station the other night, the actions of one young woman left me awfully disappointed...

A Deep Dive

I've decided to try to do a really deep take on a certain political summit. I think it's important to dig in and take a good look at a topic of great interest and importance. How well did I do? Have a listen.

Roseanne Cancelled

This might have gotta a little on the rambling side, as I tried to figure out if actor/comedian Rosanne is a racist. Well, I don't know what's in her head, but her actions were certainly racial insensitive. This is complicated. I knew the relaunch of her hit show might be a bit rocky, because the actor Roseanne and the character Roseanne are both Trump supporters. The relaunched show was a ratings success, but a late night and very ill though out tweet led to the show's cancellation.
 
I thought the new show would have been a good opportunity to show why blue collar Americans might support Trump. It might have been a good way to show blue collar Trump supporters they might be wrong. It could have been another All In The Family.

Looks like it's a missed opportunity.
 
Political Correctness
 
I mentioned a take some comedian had about some people who are so upset about political correctness. That person thought those folks were upset because they couldn't use the N word. That might be true for some.
 
I did give an example of a use of political correctness that I thought was unnecessary and changed the meaning of a very famous phrase.
 
A Dimland Radio Pedantic Moment: Tattoos Are The New Normal


After I mistakenly replayed an audio bit from last week's show, I got to talking how the meme above (I could find the image, but not the meme) sort of represents the new normal, but it's telling us to "Fuck Normal, Be Yourself."
 
The Volcano In Hawaii: Perception Vs Reality


Someone created the image above to demonstrate how people tend to overestimate the size of big stories. It's a perception thing. Watching the news tends to get us thinking the world is going to heck, because the news focuses on the bad stuff. There's a lot more good stuff going on, but much of the good stuff doesn't warrant news coverage.
 
Wanna worry less? Watch less news.
 
Three Cool Things
 
3) The Dimland Radio Facebook page received three likes this week! That makes 194. Have you liked it yet?
 

2) A brilliant person created the image above. You have to know about the drama surround the film All The Money In The World to be able to understand the joke. Well, I know the story and I think this joke is great!
 
1) Coronal rain is so damn cool!!!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Eighties' by Killing Joke & 'Gardening At Night' by REM
Second ad break bumpers: 'One Day' by The Church & 'Nothing Turns Out Right' by The Mighty Mofos
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

Images used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment