6.10.2018

dimland radio 6-9-18 show notes


Mom, Dad, Meet Bambi...

...and they hit it with their car. They're OK. The car is still driveable, but it's looked better.

A Good Thing?

Last week, I made a joke about doing a "deep dive" into a political topic. The topic was the meeting between Pres. Trump and Kim Kardashian on prison reform. I made the joke by being speechless about the unusualness of such a meeting.
 
But the result of that meeting was the freeing of a 63 year-old woman from prison, serving a life sentence for a non-violent drug crime. Isn't that a good thing? The woman is free after 21 years. Still some folks aren't giving the President much credit.

A Dimland Radio Pedantic Moment (Grammar Nazi Edition): It's it's not its.


Friend of the show, Craig, who helped me with the previous segment, tested me the other day to see if I was pedantic enough to catch the error on the cover of Kanye West's new album.

As if...
 
Fear Of Fluoride Down Under
 
There are two towns in Australia. One fluoridates its water, the other doesn't. One has a high rate of tooth decay leading to many fillings and extractions in adults and children. Can you guess which?
 
I also talked about the Dunning-Krueger Effect on display at the town meeting held to hear the public's thoughts on fluoridation. I speculated on how to approach such a gather of Google searchers. 
 
Three Cool Things
 
3) I participated in recording another entertaining episode of the Assault of the Two-Headed Space Mules. It may be some time before it's released, though. I'll let you know when it's available.

2) A customer of the janitorial service I work for thanked me for the work I do for them.
 
 
1) Last summer's great American solar eclipse was capture is this very cool composite photograph.

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'No Self Control' by Peter Gabriel & 'Alice's House' by The Psychedelic Furs
Second ad break bumpers: 'Well I Wonder' by The Smiths & 'I Lie' by The dB's
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

Images used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment