3.30.2019

dimland radio 3-30-19 show notes


Money-Sapping Crap From Goop

Spreading bullshit to the gullible with disposable income since 2008.
A member of the Minnesota Skeptic's group brought our attention to the item you can see above. It's real.

I can save you the $27.00. There is no such thing as a psychic vampire. There. You needn't waste your hard-earned money.


A Dimland Radio ARGH! Misspelling Whoa. Again.


I know I've arghed about this before, but I just had to bring it up again when I saw the color guide for page 11 of Daredevil #296. First word on the page is the misspelling of the word "whoa". For some reason, people under the age of 40 keep spelling it w-o-a-h.
 
I don't get it.
 
I find this especially aggravating as it was from reading comic book where I learned how to spell the word.

ARGH! Will this insanity never end?
 
Abraham Lincoln Would Have Won Regardless
 
 
The above screen capture appeared on my Facebook page the other day. It was posted by a personal friend of mine and I had to look into the veracity of the claim. Not that I didn't trust my friend's word, but I'm a skeptic and it's what we do.
 
Turns out my friend is wrong. Lincoln was in a four way contest for President in 1860, in which he received the most electoral votes by far. He won the office, but my friend is wrong that he need the Electoral College to win.

It's true. Lincoln did only receive 39.8% of the popular vote. However, that was 10 points more than the next highest vote recipient, Stephen Douglas. So, Lincoln would have won even if it was just based on the popular vote.
 
My research led to my finding some interesting facts about previous Presidential Elections. There have been five times in US history in which the loser of the popular vote won the presidency. In fact, one lost both the popular vote and electoral vote and still won the office.
 
And it was legal! Sanctioned by the US Constitution.
Three Cool Things

 
1) Camera technology has been improving and improving and just about everyone has one now right there on their phone. All those cameras and still no good footage of bigfoot, Nessie, Moth Man, etc. It should be telling us something. Oh! Look! And albino moose in the wild! Cool!


2) Pretty cool video demonstrating that space is really big and that the nearest stars to us are very far. Super far. Super-duper far. I mean really, really, really far.
 
3) Echoing a cool item from last week, except this is way, way more cooler. BASEBALL IS BACK!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus 
First ad break bumpers: 'Beatle Boots' by Love Tractor & 'Alice's House' by The Psychedelic Furs
Second ad break bumpers: 'Constant In Opal' by The Church & 'King Of The Hill' by The Minutemen
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

Please subscribe on iTunes! Just search for Dimland Radio in the podcast section. And if you could leave a good rating and a positive review it would be awesome.

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

Images used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment